Contact advertising [email protected]

Ok, I have a laptop issue and I'm out of ideas. So I bought an ASUS ROG 17.3" laptop...

A

Adam Christianson

Ok, I have a laptop issue and I'm out of ideas.

So I bought an ASUS ROG 17.3" laptop from Best Buy around 2 years ago, and things were totally fine with it, until my cat knocked over a vase of flowers onto it. Needless to say it's a great computer, but the water won. I had a GeekSquad warranty on it, so I figured I'd drop it off and have them "fix it".

I didn't think it could get much worse, but yeah they surprised me. They claim to have replaced the mobo and the keyboard, but now it turns on and craps out anywhere from 3-20 minutes after it's been on. No matter how many times I hit the power button after it shuts off, it won't turn back on until it decides to on its own, spontaneously. I took it back to them a day after I got it back, and the guy they shipped it to said "well it turned on when I got it, so I'm shipping it back and you'll have it, seems fine." lol ok. Same issue. Won't stay on long enough for me to see if it's a HDD error or something else.

At this point I have another appointment at another location in about an hour, and I'm just tempted to see if they'll swap the damn thing out for something identical or similar. But if anyone has any ideas on what it might be, I'd like to keep this one. I got it as a gift and I've spent a decent amount of money putting in different hard drives and RAM upgrades.

Thanks for the help.

ASUS ROG
Win. 8.1 - upgraded to Win10
8gb RAM - upgraded to 32gb
GTX 965M
2x 1tb HDD

No idea what the motherboard was replaced to (brand etc), the new keyboard is the same one.

Looks like this one, but the one listed on Amazon has different specs

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom