Contact advertising [email protected]

IS THERE ANYONE HERE WITH AN AMD FX 8350 that's successfully overclocked it and got...

Z

Zachery Insco

IS THERE ANYONE HERE WITH AN AMD FX 8350 that's successfully overclocked it and got good results ??

K

Kevin Edward

Overclocks with FX are shit without a decent motherboard, but if you have a great board with good VRMs and good. VRM cooling then it's a great overclocking chip.

Z

Zachery Insco

I just got stock stuff nothing fancy, gigabyte a UD3P mobo with 16gb of crucial ddr3 ram and a stock cooler ... I was just curious cause I've been reading up on overclocking and wanted to try it eventually

J

Jeremy Chafin

N

Nathan Barbu

If you do overclock it make sure you get a bloody good cooling system. I havent overclocked but mine gets bloody hot with stock fan.

C

Chad Rammel

Yes, at 4.8 now. Have been at 5.1 stable before. Definitely requires good cooling

C

Chad Rammel

Haven't heard of many ppl (myself included) having much luck on 970 chipset motherboards though. Have an msi 970 gaming w/8300 can barely get past boost clock without stability issues. Power draw is high to begin with so keeping vrms cool while overclocking can be difficult

B

Brian Cranford

Had a 8350 on a 990 mobo that ran 5.0 all day with a h110 cooler

T

Tyler Millz

In for info because looking at a pre built with same cpu.

E

Erik Uccello

8320 on an msi 970 gaming running @4.5ghz and a bit over stock voltage with a Coolermaster Sidon. Very stable did Aida 64 and prime 95 several hours each to warm up the aio and it stays at 55c. Pretty pleased considering it's just my htpc for now.

O

Orion Holt Jacoby

4.5 is doable on most 990 board

B

Brock Reece

No I have an msi 970 motherboard and haven't gotten past the factory oc at 4.2

K

Kevin Edward

CPU cooler isn't the main issue with this chip, the VRM temperature is, most of the issues people have with FX stuttering is pretty much throttling without realising it's the VRMs and not the CPU that's overheating so just keep an eye on that. :)

I actually have mine undervolted at stock speed because my board is utter trash lmao

R

Ross Forde

Yes. Have had mine running stable at a 4.9 OC with a 5.2 turbo core clock for a while now. Temps are no problem either I have it under a H100i AIO liquid cooler, hottest it gets it 60 degrees

D

Dmitriy Glotenko

I had FX 8320 clocked at 4.5, and it was much slover than i7 5820k

D

Devin Bless

4.5 all day

S

Shane Stanford

i have it never tryed

A

Allen J Russell

Had 4.8 out of mine fully stable and low temps on a 280mm aio

A

Allen J Russell

4.8 ghz was on a asus m5a97 r2.0 evo motherboard corsair vengeance l.p. 1600mhz ram overclocked them to 1866 no problems.

A

Allen J Russell

Not much wad gained though by overclocking , I have valley benchmarks to show the gains. In the end I ended up going back to stock and then just upgrading to r7 1700x and a way better motherboard

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom