Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch In splatoon 2, is it true that if you have multiple of the same sub ability in your...

H

Hari Edson

In splatoon 2, is it true that if you have multiple of the same sub ability in your equipped gear, the effects won't be as great? Thanks

M

Michael Stanisiere

Good question

W

Wesley Grimes

That is true

W

Wesley Grimes

They stack, but not exponentially

J

John Lewis

The benefits decrease after one main ability or 3 of the same sub abilities. I believe the decrease is nearly half of the previous one.

Let's say you have 3 ink saver mains. The first one is full strength. The second one is half strength of the first one. The third one is half strength of the second one, which is already half of the first

J

John Morris

I can give a more mathematical description, but the basic idea is that every sub or main of an ability will give slightly less than the last. It's not a particularly fast drop off in effect, until you start stacking several of the same ability, but it is noticeably less of an effect after a few mains or like 6+ subs.

Numerically, a main ability is worth 10 points, and a sub ability is worth 3. This was the case in Splatoon 1 and still seems to be the case here. Each ability has a max effect programmed in at 60 points (even though you can't actually reach 60, but that's how it works as best I know), and how big of an effect you get is roughly quadratic. Good benchmark approximations you can use are:

1 main OR 3 subs gives around 30% of the max effect
2 mains OR 1 main 3 subs OR 6 subs gives around 50-55% of the max effect
3 mains OR 2 mains 3 subs OR 1 main 6 subs OR 9 subs gives around 70-75% of the max effect.

So for instance, Run Speed Up gives up to 50% extra speed (in Splatoon 1, but let's assume it hasn't changed). 1 main will increase your run speed by about 15% (30% of 50%). 2 mains, 3 subs will increase your run speed by about 37% (~74% of 50%).

L

Luis Burgos

Yup. Diminishing returns with each ability.

M

Marc Re Percussion

Thanks I was wondering this

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom