Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch I don't know how I'm gonna react to the new Metroid 2 game. Nintendo could've been...

D

Damien Crane

I don't know how I'm gonna react to the new Metroid 2 game. Nintendo could've been heroes if they made AM2R an official game. Plus that whole jamming-armcannon-into-monsters'-mouths-instead-of-dealing-with-my-problems deal seems like a whole lot of button mashing. Anyone else agree?

G

Giovanni Martinez

No

J

Justin Wing

Samus Returns looks amazing. AM2R is good, but it doesn't need to be official. Button mashing isn't really a problem in Metroid, you spam missiles in everything anyway. I hate how people want to boycott Samus Returns because of AM2R, it's completely backwards.

J

Jason Foster

Not me

L

Lee Tea

I'll be getting Samus Returns because it looks phenomenal. Never saw Am2R but they should've known Nintendo doesn't let that type of stuff fly. It's their IP, so they have a right to defend it.

S

Sachariah Hill

Not really

R

Ryan Butler

I hope they keep shutting down illegal projects in the future.

E

Evan Marks

Yeah, sorry man. It's a solid take, but Samus Returns was already well into development when that game hit.
Sega needed the win; and I imagine that fan undertaking was out of desperation rather than good will.

D

Damien Crane

Man, this is stupid. Almost every post I've read on this topic got only positive comments. When I post something about a fan-made (KEY WORD-FAN MADE PEOPLE) game, I get shot down. You guys wouldn't know if it's illegal or not. I HIGHLY doubt that any of you have actually played AM2R.

D

Damien Crane

I mean, it's not like the dude who made it's lik-"Oh, I totally came up with the idea of Metroid so I totally own it." NO! He puts a screen on before you start playing AM2R that says -"This was not made for profit. Nintendo is the original owners of the Metroid series.)

J

John Piazza

The graphics on Samus Returns look terrible due to the 3ds limitations and their insistence on not using sprites anymore, but the gameplay looks solid.

L

Luis Burgos

AM2R, from what I've played, is probably one of the best side scrolling Metroid titles I've ever played. It's better than the original 2, duh. But everything from the design to the music was pure greatness. Nintendo doesn't need to make it an official game, but they're pretty dickheaded when it comes to taking these things down. If they felt threatened by AM2R in any way, then I'm glad. It was a game that was on par with their own Metroid titles made by a handful of people (or was it just 1 guy? Regardless..) Samus Returns better blow my fucking socks off after their poor treatment with AM2R.

People can spout legalities all they want. Dick headed things to do are still dick headed things lol

D

Dustin Daniel Northrop

Nope. I think the game looks fantastic. It reminds me a lot of Zero Mission...keeping the spirit and core concepts of the game in-tact, while adding fun new improvements that just weren't possible at the time.

With breath of the wild, and now Mario Odyssey, I've had to really sit back, relax, and be more open to change. As much as we love the original games, games can and need to change. It doesn't invalidate the older games in the series, or lessen them at all.

A lot of things were frustrating with Metroid: Other M. But one thing I thought was great was close quarters combat. I always imagined Samus getting more physical, throwing enemies or jumping on them, and I think those ideas will continue to evolve as well.

S

Shawn Spear

Get over it. The am2r wasn't good and I'm glad Nintendo doing a better one.

J

Jason Cameron

No. I disagree.

E

Eric Sellers

Sorry, but no. AM2R was a decent fan project, but it was not a true Metroid game other than the fact that it literally used stolen assets.
Samus Returns does everything better than AM2R. EVERYTHING.

Turning AM2R into an official project would have just set a bad precedent of making gamers think they can do a better job of making most games than the actual owners of those properties.

It would have become a slippery slope of sorts that would have led to a lot of bad decisions from both gamers and companies.
Fan mods on PC are the closest we should ever come to this sort of thing, as it's not even close to being on the same level as ripping off assets to remake an older game that the owners of the IP are planning on remaking anyways.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom