Contact advertising [email protected]

I am legit a total newb with this stuff. Some of you guys have been great providing...

K

Kirk Dunkley

I am legit a total newb with this stuff. Some of you guys have been great providing your advice about building vs buying. I appreciate all that everyone who has helped me has done by way of providing links to good vendors for parts etc.

Question for you about GPUs. I noticed while shopping for a 1080ti that there seem to be different manufacturers producing this card? MSI, ASUS, Nvidea etc. Is there much a difference between these or are they all kind of the same standard? Who makes this card the best of the bunch?

Pic for attention.

K

Kirk Dunkley

And what is EVGA- is this nvidea?

J

Josh Krogman

Really you'll have fan boys between all the brands just like you do between Intel and AMD. You can look up benchmarks and choose that way but usually the most expensive ones are winning.

EVGA is your main powerhouse over the years and usually tried and true. But you're not going to lose a LOT choosing one of the other brands.

J

Josh Krogman

Nvidia is a GPU chip manufacturer. EVGA is a company that makes that actual card from that hardware. So is MSI, ASUS and Gigabyte.

J

Javan Barela

From experience, I say EVGA is the best. Their customer support is stellar if anything happens. MSI and Asus are also good. The chip is going to be Nvidia in all of them. The other manufacturers just make the housing and cooler.

K

Kirk Dunkley

Ah I see. So, who competes with nvidea for GPU chips?

J

Josh Krogman

AMD. The Vega is due out soonish. But they haven't been in the same ballpark on the high end spectrum for over a decade. AMD's best goes head to head with Nvidia's third string.

K

Kirk Dunkley

So I am getting that the very best is an EVGA NVidea setup

J

Josh Krogman

Yeah. If you don't care about a 5-10% performance difference though, just pick the one with the colors you want. All those big names have a stellar product. If I was to rank them. EVGA, ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI/Zotac, PNY

M

Melih Çalıcı

Cooling and looks differ. The graphics chip is always made by Nvidia.

C

Christopher Camarda

Nvidia makes all the cards and these companies just make the coolers for them. The best card will be the one that had the highest clockspeed because that will most likely have the best cooler.

M

Manuel Kwame Nana Adjei

From my personal experience I've had three of my MSI products died
Two graphics card and a motherboard
I switch to Asus motherboard and EVGA graphics card and they still work perfectly......

M

Matthew Reed

EVGA usually considered the best gpu s you can get

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom