Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch Honest question: Can I use these in handheld mode, attached to the screen, while...

J

James Patrus

Honest question: Can I use these in handheld mode, attached to the screen, while traveling?Or is this only used when Joycons are unattached?

If it does work, any measurable boost to total battery life?
I own a USB battery block now.
Just trying to get the maximum travel playtime.

Thanks in advance.

J

Jeffrey M Batson

The Switch already charges the Joy-cons so only when they are not connected will they serve their purpose
Also, they cannot be attached to the battery and the switch at the same time

E

Eric Martin

What is the point of the batteries? They recharge via docking on the Switch console itself

J

John Griffin

It's pretty clear that they wrap around and latch on to the same rail that latches the Joycon to the Switch for handheld mode.

B

Brandon Gulley

The joy con battery life is like 20+ hours

J

James Patrus

My goal was to supplement or lessen the drain on the console battery. Splatoon 2 is killing it quick!
Thanks everyone. I think I'll pass on these.

T

Toan Lucky Luke

I recommend this 3rd party joy con charging grip as you will have both charge function and extra grip when you may buy another joycon in the future. Usb type C to usb type a cable is also included. This costs only us$ 20. I enjoy playing with grip so this is my best choice.
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

T

Tyler Ishee

oh nice, a grip that will actually make the joycon comfortable to hold

S

Shane Rupert

Why? Those batteries last forever lol. Mine have never actually died.

L

Lou Man

Don't they last like 20 hrs before they need to be recharged? I've never had a problem with not having enough charge on the joycons

D

David Nash

Literally no one has listened to the OP’s root question.

I don’t think they’ll increase overall playtime matey - as I don’t think the Switch system will recognise these and not attempt to charge joy cons (saying battery life for the system). I suppose playing with the joy cons undocked would help - but joy con batteries aren’t exactly a huge drain to begin with.

I’d go for a good power bank myself. I’m sure Anker and whoever else do a 5000+ ma/h unit.

A

Adan Rodriguez

i believe the switch stops charging after it hits 50%(switch) battery life or lower.

I

Ian Metcalfe

They are only for Joy Cons, they don't fit on the Switch console. If you are looking for to extended your Switch battery life in handheld is to lower brightness setting and this
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

J

Jonathan Patimo

dude it connects the same way it connects to Switch... how are you gonna have it connect on both?

O

Owen Gregory

The joy-cons already have a 20 hour battery I don’t think this is essential

N

Nathan Allcock

The battery is its own grip this means it can't be used in conjunction with attaching to the switch since the battery pack is using the rail.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom