Contact advertising [email protected]

Hi Everyone, I'm abit, well very confused about all this but my son who is 12 wants a...

• Thread starter Gayle Carr-Willis
  • Start date
G

Gayle Carr-Willis

Hi Everyone, I'm abit, well very confused about all this but my son who is 12 wants a gaming PC - any recommendations? I don't know where to start maximum budget £1000. He wants it all singing/dancing but I have no idea what is good and what is not!

L

Luke Boyss

all singing all dancing is gnna cost more then 1000, for that price range u can build a very good gaming computer that will last for his needs, what sort of games does he play also what other stuff are you/he aiming to do with it?

J

James Owens-Case

what will he do with it?

G

Gayle Carr-Willis

I've told him he can't have all singing/dancing he's 12 years but just need to know what would be the best I can get for my budget. He's said star citizen, g-mod, ark - foreign language to me! Apologies in advance for my ignorance.

L

Lukas Stadler

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

This would be around the best for the money, but I personally think it is overkill.

For a kid I would recommend
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

This still has more than enough power for most cases and he can still get better parts later very easy.

B

Ben Newsome

For a 1000 yes you can give a kid of them years an all singing and dancing PC - I suggest a company called SCAN they are the most reputable business about. Just google scan and have a look. You can call them, tell them your budget and basically describe the games you mentioned and they will advise you accordingly :)

B

Ben Newsome

Gayle if you need any help or you have any questions then feel free to pm me. For that money you can make his eyes light up!!

L

Luke Boyss

as above if you need any help dont be afraid to PM i offer building services aswell if your local to me

G

Gayle Carr-Willis

Thanks everyone - you may get bombarded with questions tomorrow!!!

L

Luke Boyss

why we are here :)

P

Paul Allen

He doesnt need anything too huge if hes only 12. Probably only playing minecraft anyways. Buy a mid to low range prebuilt and it can be upgraded down the road.

P

Paul Allen

Easy peasy

J

Joe Kamel

PCPartpicker is great for selecting your parts and purchasing them if you plan to build one yourself. If you're looking to purchase a pre-built PC, you'll want to take that list from PCPartpicker and compare it to the specifications of the pre-built. Also, remember that most of the time, you may not be receiving a monitor or other essential peripherals with the purchase of a pre-built so be sure to budget for that as well.

G

Gayle Carr-Willis

My son has sent me these!!

E

Elven Elias

with 1000$ you can get some real good deal

J

Jesse Lin

What a lucky kid.

G

Gayle Carr-Willis

Think I will speak to that place called Scan and see what they come up with. Will come back to you, but thank you everyone for your advise - I really do appreciate it xx

A

Alex Day

Gotta give it to you. Super cool Mom for getting knowledgable and helping him build a rig!

B

Ben Newsome

Talk to SCAN hun, you're very best bet - They're a massive multi-millionaire company - Tell them what you've told us and your budget and they will hook you up!

G

Gayle Carr-Willis

The guy on Scan has said this one?!? What do you think honestly coz it doesn't include monitor, keyboard or mouse. hELP

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom