Contact advertising [email protected]

Hey everyone. I just got my alienware laptop last night. Its brand new. I installed...

J

Joshua Hernadez

Hey everyone. I just got my alienware laptop last night. Its brand new. I installed HWMonitor last night to check my temps n stuff and i noticed my battery wear level was already at 10%. I thought, well thats fine, maybe the laptop was made a while back. Fast forward today i check and the wear level is at 14%!! Am afraid this is going up too fast! Anyways to prevent or prolong the batteries life? Google isnt helping. Thanks in advance.

B

Blake Dalenko

I may be wrong but I believe the battery go up to like 20% wear quickly and than after that it takes longer

A

Ammar Din

i dont think thats a brand new one (at least it was released a few years ago)

A

Akex Benjamin

is that an old model? why does it have a windows 7 sticker?

C

Calvin Verheijen

Idk about your battery, but that's a nice laptop. I had one myself that's had a lot of use and it's battery was fine.No idea what the wear level would have been but it lasted for several hours no problem.

C

Chris Metcalfe

loved my AW laptop when i had one that was back in the 8800 GT days alienware gets alot of hate as for the 10%wear its fine it will not go up unless u abuse the batt enjoy sir and game on

J

Joshua Hernadez

Just a bit paranoid here, i had one before this guy and the battery flopped in a month

D

Dennis Eriksson

I have mine plugged to the wall, so that I don't cause any wear on the battery, and only plug the battery in if I'm traveling.

M

Matt Ullrich

I used to have a 17 r3. In the settings under battery it has a battery setting (can’t remember the name) it is supposed to protect the battery of over charging or draining too much to help prolong the battery life

D

Daniel Goldy

It sounds like a bad battery. I would open a warranty claim and have the battery replaced.

J

Jackson Gosnell

When you put a battery up to a GPU it’s going to take some ware.. but that sounds like a dud.

D

Deepak Dua

I hav. 17 R4

H

Henry Komelski

I don't endorse them since they sold out to Dell.

J

Jeremy Peters

I have an Alienware m17x. The battery life when i first purchased it was maybe 45 minutes. It’s a laptop yes but it pretty much must be plugged in no matter what. I still love the laptop though!

A

Aaron Tyler Matthews

The fix is to buy a laptop from literally any company other than Dell.

S

Sean Rillorta

awww its been 3 years since ive had this and its not getting better

A

Allen S Morris

Well your first mistake was buying an Alienware ... Out of all the gaming laptops you pick the one that is the slowest and you thought you were buying a good PC but you bought the name sorry

V

Vaibhav Gaur

Specs please

H

Hamdi Ceylan

That's not a brand new model, by the way, which could be the reason why the battery wear level is appearing high to you. That looks like a 2013 model, depending on the specs.

N

Nathan Johnston

Take it back, I bought alienware two years back never regretted it more. Nothing but problems. Take it back and get Asus or MSI or anything else that doesn't have Dell parts in it

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom