Contact advertising [email protected]

Help please! Just upgraded from an i5 4690k to an i5 8600k paired with a GTX 1080. I...

J

Jake Smout

Help please!
Just upgraded from an i5 4690k to an i5 8600k paired with a GTX 1080.
I upgraded because of high CPU usage when I try to play games and Stream at the same time. I expect to be able to stream at 720p 60fps to twitch while playing at 1080p 60fps.
Even with my new CPU, I'm still topping out at 100% CPU usage while playing COD WWII and PUBG at 60fps on ultra. Tried dropping the settings down a little with no affect.
Considering the CPU has 6 cores, I didn't expect to have any issues :(.

I've also noticed two odd things that may be a contributing factor.
When I go into NVIDIA control panel > Manage 3d settings. There is no option to globally prioritise the GTX 1080 graphics, like I've seen on other poeple set ups...
Also, when I go into task manager, there is no GPU readout, only CPU, Memory, disk and network.

Im sure my graphics card is being used, because off stream I get 120 plus fps in most games on ultra, so that's fine.
Am I expecting too much of this CPU?

I've disabled most start up tasks.
All background process that I feel comfortable ending have been ended. But they re appear within seconds.
GFX card drivers are up to date.
Motherboard driver's are up to date.

Is there anything else I can do to cut down my usage?
Thanks in advance.

J

Jason Clarke

Well you would know if your gpu wasnt being used thats for sure.

J

Jason Clarke

You may be expecting a bit much of the cpu but it should be able to do it with not many issues. It may be the content your streaming to be honest i hear ww2 is a very high cpu usage game and so it wont leave much for your streaming. Have you tried other games to see if its a trend? Classic case of should have gone for ryzen or 8700k i think.

S

Scotty Rose

Yeah past few Call of Duty games have been hard on the CPU, especially i5 CPU's for some reason.

A

Alex Elward

send it back and get an 8700k

D

David Cheok

Rendering is cpu intensive. Even i7 are choking esp on higher resolutions. You might want to set windows to optimise memory for background operations and give it a fixed swap space at least 4-5 times the available ram.

C

Cy Dadparvar Rodriguez

If you don't want the i5 I'll take it hahahha

S

Scotty Rose

Just realised the CPU you upgraded to has 2 extra cores as well so it strikes me as odd that a 720p stream maxes it out. Have you had any performance gain at all from the upgrade? (While streaming of course)

S

Sergio Barraza

i5’s aren’t as good as i7’s for streaming higher core counts help out with streaming

J

Jake Smout

Could the 1080 be bottlenecking the CPU? Should I try an inferior graphics card and see what happens?

L

Luke Brown

Gpu is never on task manager firstly. Get MSI afterburner. It reads out all details of everything. CPU usage should not be 100% unless your playing both games at once. I was playing the beta of CODWW2 with Ryzen 1600x and never even close go to 100% .. like not even 80% (cant remember exactly how much because I dont have anymore - the PC or a copy of the game)

B

Brandon Ramos

I have the 8700k and never have issues streaming and gaming at Ultra. I've yet to test 1080p streaming but i think I can pull it off

F

Falkee Vlad

Do you heave enough power or 16g of ram ?

T

Tyler Holdren

You should be streaming 720 at 30 fps not 60 fps

A

Allen J Russell

Should've went ryzen

M

Maciej Laman

Use msi afterburner to measure it first...

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom