Contact advertising [email protected]

Help please!! From anyone using a Turbo GTX 1080 Ti 11GB? I just got this one and...

S

Scott VanderHeyden

Help please!! From anyone using a Turbo GTX 1080 Ti 11GB? I just got this one and would like to compare notes. For starters it runs worse than my old evga 1080, 2nd it shows up as nvidea geforce 1080 chip? and yes I uninstalled old drivers spent hours on tech support but when they found out it was open box 5 hours later they said have a nice day...

T

Tony Huu Tran

Where did you buy it from looks like you've been scammed.
It's a GTX1080TI box but the Card inside is a GTX1080 lol.

S

Scott VanderHeyden

Ebay buyer protection whew dodged a bullet this time I guess. sucks though another couple weeks down.

T

Tony Huu Tran

So you bought it on eBay yeah sellers can't be trusted Hopfully you can open up dispute claim on eBay & PayPal to return to get money back or replacement.

S

Scott VanderHeyden

Well hope someone learns from my mistake.

T

Tony Huu Tran

And you can leave the seller a negative feedback as well for sending you a gtx1080 card.

A

Aaron Tyler Matthews

Someone took a 1080 and threw it in a 1080 Ti's box.

It performs worse because it uses a blower style reference shroud.

They typically perform worse because of thermals, than a non-reference shroud would.

I suggest returning it and leaving the seller negative feedback.

I'm hoping you've learned not to buy from shady third party sellers, or used sellers, now.

T

Tony Huu Tran

Usually if I bought a used/opened card from ebay I would ask the seller to send me a screen shot of gpu specs on GPU-Z so I know it's the real thing.

Also I would ask for original purchase reciept so I know straight away if it's a GTX1080 or GTX1080TI card.

T

Tony Huu Tran

Anyways what was the seller feedback rating on ebay anyways?
If it's low with lots of negatives that should give it away his a shady seller.

E

Elias Johnson-Saucier

I was gonna say. I have that exact card in a mini itx build and it's a beast!

S

Scott VanderHeyden

913 positive last month and 11 neg was a (new)open box. pretty good scam though had I not known the difference and went from a smaller card might have had no clue until it died in two months.

H

Homunculus Jones

some people did that to me,accept the card was fucked too!!

T

Tony Huu Tran

Scott VanderHeyden
Usually if I see a GTX1080TI for a lower price on eBay then i know it's too good to be true.
That's what gives it away that his a shifty shady seller lol.

C

Calvin DiBartolo

8GB VRAM, yeah, that's a standard GTX 1080. I have one as well, they're not bad cards but obviously you paid for a Ti. If you bought it second hand you may still have recourse if you have the ad on file. The box may also help your cause. If you're in North America you can ask a lawyer or maybe the police what your options are, you clearly intended to buy a product that was not what was in the box.

However when you say open box, I assume that means newegg, NCIX or some other e-tailer, in which case your options are more open. If this is the case, most likely someone upgraded their 1080 to a 1080ti, placed the 1080 in the Ti box and returned it to get a Ti for the cost of a 1080.

D

Daniel Moody

What a fucking asshole

D

David Miller

I'd be doing a dispute and showing them these images what a horrible seller.

A

Aaron Wasnich

What a fucking asshole

A

Aldrin Aureus

It is good when you bought GTX1080 and gave you GTX1080Ti.

शशांक पटेल

I don't think it's even a 1080
It seems someone flashed BIOS of 1080 over a cheaper card, the only way to find out what cars this really is, is by removing the cooler and taking a look at the number on the die itself

A

Andrej Robida

Asus turbo gpu’s are shit

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom