Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch HELP, anyone else deal with this? Yesterday, I was able to pre-order a SNES Classic...

M

Marc Goldberg

HELP, anyone else deal with this?

Yesterday, I was able to pre-order a SNES Classic from Walmart and so far the order wasn't cancelled.

I can't believe it but TODAY I get an e-mail from my credit card company stating that the card MAY have been compromised and a new card is coming my way and the old one will no longer work in 2 weeks.

Great, the pre-order is on that card. I called Walmart and they CAN NOT change the payment method on a pre-order??? But she assured me that a few days before it ships I will get an e-mail and there will be an option there to update my payment method if I want and I will be OK.

I'm still worried, why can't they just do it now, most other major retailers will let you update information on pre-orders, especially one a month away.

Just wondering if anyone dealt with Walmart for a Switch or other hot item and found themselves in a similar situation and did it work out?

Thanks.

K

Kevin James Machado

To be honest, I think your effed.

M

Michael Alexander Caddick

Same thing happened to me with the NES classic and EB games after my card got cancelled after I lost it. EB was fine to change my on file details, but other retailers aren't necessarily be so understanding.

M

Marc Goldberg

After I posted this I googled and found a 2 year old thread about the same situation, for Amiibos. They all said they did get an email 3 days before the order shipped and they updated the card fine.

So I feel a little better but will still be anxious about this for the next month just because they can't do it now and give me peace of mind.

Sigh.

S

Shansai Hawk

I would avoid buying anything from walmart.com again in the future. I work for a jewelry store and we get scammers and thieves attempt to order stuff using someone else's card info that they scooped up from Walmart's site. Be careful.

K

Kevin Malaugh

Sounds all very sus. Have you actually confirmed this with your card company. If I got an email, I'd be ringing them and not the number on said email.

R

Rick Whitford

Had the same with Amazon but I did get an email just before dispatch saying that there was a problem with the payment method and there was a link to change it,I did that and all was good!

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom