Contact advertising [email protected]

Hello fellow enthusiasts, this will be my first post in this group and i would just...

• Thread starter Ermin Peter Ocson
  • Start date
E

Ermin Peter Ocson

Hello fellow enthusiasts, this will be my first post in this group and i would just like to ask for your opinion regarding about AIO Cooling. Currently i have a 7700k OCed to 4.4ghz cooled by a Corsair H100i v2 using Arctic Silver 5 w/ Push/Pull config w/ Corsair's SP120 (The first model) and im just a little bit concerned about my temps lately. My temps at idle usually go for 35*C~45*C on idle and spikes around 81*C~83*C but averages and stays around 73*C+- whenever i play PUBG or stressing the system.

Now my question is, should i consider replacing something to get better and lower temps?

Are there any other fans better than the Corsair SP120 for watercooling? with RGB maybe, yes, no? lol. Aside from Noctua's since the only available color in my place are the brown ones. And having a black/white build, that would not fit perfectly. lol

Would you also consider upgrading to custom watercooling to get better temps?

P.S.
Delidding will be my last resort. lol

Btw, I'm currently residing near the equator (PH) so yeah, temps here are sometimes crazy. :)

Here are the specs of my rig:
Case: (White) NZXT Phantom Enthusiast Full Tower Case
Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H Gaming
CPU: Intel Core i7 7700k @ 4.4GHz
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2 Liquid Cooler (Push/Pull Config)
RAM: GSkill Ripjaws V 32GB 4x8GB DDR4 3200
PSU: Antec True Power 750w 80+ Bronze
VCard: MSI GeForce GTX 980 4G 256Bit

B

Brett Glover

It's simply that you have a 7700k oc. The company started recommending you don't do it lol. It will run tha hot for sure in that small case. You can delid if needed and it would make some progress, but I'm not sure there is much that will help. I simply just don't oc.

T

Trần Việt Phương

Try to OC it to 4.8. Temp won't go much i think. Mine is at 4.8 using kraken x52. My temp is same as you

J

John Benedict Pal-lingayan

delid bro delid XD

J

John Benedict Pal-lingayan

i got custom loop for my 7700k and still getting 90c on 4.8ghz. after deliding even ice edge mini fs v2 can cool my 4.8ghz to 67 to 70c.
now i barrow my bro's gammaxx 300 my max temp on 4.8 ghz is 61c when playing pubg

S

Sam Dash

Custom loop and keep room temp low. Without an AC . . .eh idk :/
Out of curiosity, why are you OC-ing it?

T

Thodoris Anastasiadis

How much is the vcore?

J

Jacob Kadenge Reus

GOOOD JOB AMAIZING STUFF,KEEP IT UP

W

William Weston

your tamps are standard, im using a i7-4790k with H110iGT
unckocked ( 25-30*C idle and 60-65*C 100% load)
OC:ed to 4.6GHz( 30-35*C idle and 75-85*C 100% load)
OC:ed to 4.9GHz( 35*C idle and 85-90*C 100%load)
The extra performance you get from overclocking is not that much. better to try getting boostclock to about 4.4
(I would actuallt recommend you to go back to 4GHz clock and 4.4Ghz on boostclock.)

If you want lower temps you can try custom watercooling. but its much money..

Corsairs ML120 or ML140 is recommended as they are both silent, RGB and BWM fans thats capable to go as low as 400rpm at idle

W

Will Anthony Pellicci

Yeah, Replace your CPU..

M

Michael Shane Boudreau

I use the sp120 performance edition on the tops of my rads

I

Ildi PC Fixer

212 evo is a great choice for this case

J

Jason Dudek

The corsair maglev fans are amazing and stupid quiet.

D

David Neely

I have almost the exact same setup. 7700k with the h100i v2 and I never see 65c. I only have 2 fans on the radiator and it's on the front of my case. I used to have push pull on the radiator but I took the 2 pull fans of and saw lower temps. I also fans exhausting at the rear and top of the case. Pump is in max performance and fan curves are moderately aggressive. The spikes are are normal but ur load temps are high. Ask me anything lol.

E

Ermin Peter Ocson

Just an update.

So i have tried turning the XMP Setting off in the bios and good enough the auto boost setting kicked in making my core frequency locked at 4.5GHz and temps at a relatively reasonable figure even while gaming ang stressing the CPU. I am now more concerned about the timings of the RAM, since basically it should be at 3200MHz, since XMP is off, it was just configured at 2133MHz. I am now trying to find ways on how i can configure it back to 3200MHz without stressing the CPU voltage so temps could stay at a reasonable figure.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom