Contact advertising [email protected]

Having an issue with MSI Gaming Z370 Tomahawk motherboard. It has two M.2 slots and...

• Thread starter Anthony Martino
  • Start date
A

Anthony Martino

Having an issue with MSI Gaming Z370 Tomahawk motherboard.

It has two M.2 slots and I've tried the Corsair MP500 480GB M.2 drive in both slots, and it rarely recognizes it's there (doesn't appear in BIOS)

I have tried reseating it, tried both slots, flashed the motherboards BIOS to the latest version, and still the problem persists.

I took the M.2 drive and tried it in other computers and it recognizes without a hitch.

I noticed the M.2 slots on this MSI motherboard don't seem as deep to plug the M.2 drive into, so not sure if it's just not contacting correctly to be recognized.

It has worked sometimes, but rarely. There are no other drives on this system (no optical drives, no other hard drives, nothing connected on SATA ports)

Anyone else encounter this issue or have other recommendations? Going to put a support ticket in with MSI but figured I'd check with the community and see if it's affecting others

K

Karl Allen

hmm... that dont sound two good, have you changed settings in bios for m2 slot speeds? I have options to change x2 or x4.

K

Karl Allen

an M.2 PCI-E x4 slot (as in 4 lanes, key to obtaining the maximum speeds);

A

Anthony Martino

And I can't even submit a support ticket on their site because when I select my product it gives me a timeout error from their server, geesh!

P

Paul Allen

The slots are pretty sketchy on my Asus mobo too. They don't really give you that satisfying click you expect. Mine works fine tho considering that.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom