Contact advertising [email protected]

Guys, am going into Computer Engineering at school, is the field good? *No insult pls.

• Thread starter Adeogun James Sunday
  • Start date
A

Adeogun James Sunday

Guys, am going into Computer Engineering at school, is the field good? *No insult pls.

J

John Lim

A relatively future proof field

S

Sophakama Wakwa'Bhaca Somdaka

Yes dude, if you love to play with PC components, that a good career for you

A

Adelexis Peace Colón

This made me ponder and think about doing something like that too. Think I might.

N

Nick Harrington

Go for it! I'm torn between robotics and computing/computer science

I'm in uni but didnt go straight from school so they made me do a foundation year (which im passing so far lol) - have to make my final decision on my actual degree next month

C

Cailean MacIlliuntaig

Depends on your end goal...(the job ya want after)

It's definitely a good field. Future-proof, lucrative, potentially fun.

K

Keegan McGregor

I'm in computer engineering tech in college right now and I have to say, it's decently fun, if your course is anything like mine you'll play with circuits, servers, routers and switches, you'll take apart and put a PC together, you'll learn the fundamentals in programming c++ (more than likely) you'll probably do some stuff with Linux, it's an easy enough course and I'm enjoying the people in it

A

Adeogun James Sunday

Wow, am happy with your comments guys, thank.

D

Dakota Kasal

I would if going back to school was a viable aoption. I do plan on some compTIA certs for shits and giggles.

O

Owais Ali

it's definitely a good field, good luck

J

Joshua Rice

Please bear in mind that despite some of these comments- your course may differ greatly. It's easy enough for people to say what they did.

T

Taylor Cole

i chose computer science thinking it was gunna be computer engineering cause some dumb fuckig teacher said computer science is learing about the componments. now i have a waste of a gcse. yay

E

Eshan Chaudhari

Good luck

E

Elum Khan

I am a software engineering student and I hate it.

W

Will Park

I'll be taking Comp Science next year but from what I've heard you have to be super passionate about it since it's not the most entertaining field, I've met graduates who manage businesses and don't even use their degree at all and told me it's a waste lol.
Not sure how much diff Comp Eng. is, last I heard it's not as in demand as Soft. Eng. etc.? But something tells me building AI robots is gonna be the future lolll..

R

Robert Wido III

Good luck.

S

Sean Kelly

Sounds fun, but most of the learning happens outside the classroom.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom