Contact advertising [email protected]

Found this old thing under my bed. I'm absolutely dumb when it comes to this shit but...

J

Jack Davis

Found this old thing under my bed. I'm absolutely dumb when it comes to this shit but would this motherboard be able to low level game if I got a graphics card and shit for it. It's really old

C

Connor Mitchell

no looks like old ddr ram to me lol

C

Connor Mitchell

and the slot is AGP

B

Bryan Martillan

The question is; what are the specifications of that motherboard? the CPU and the Max RAM capacity that mother can hold, and the PCI express of that thing. If that thing has 3.0 PCI Express x16 then it would still kick some games, just need to take a look on your CPU and Ram.

C

Connor Mitchell

never in my life have i seen SATA ports with AGP and DDR thought it was DDR2 and above SATA came out

J

Jack Davis

So it's pretty much useless

C

Connor Mitchell

yeah throw it buddy

J

Jack Davis

Thanks everyone

M

Matt McCloy

The ram just doesn't have heat spreaders on it, which makes people automatically think "old," which is true in this case. But I'd like to note that they still sell non-gaming\non-enthusiast DRAM with no heat spreaders on them today.

But this is an old board. AGP x8 slot. Best video card you can get is a Geforce 6200, which has been obsolete for a LONG damn time and won't run any new games. There is one DX10 card I know of. An ATI 3450, but it's not even as powerful as the 6200 in DX9 games, so overall the 6200 would be a better choice. That said, I wouldn't even bother. I'm only talking about if you HAD to try to use this board to it's best ability.

If you do decide to, stick to DX9 games that are from 2004 give or take. Windows 7 would be your best hope for a "new" OS.

O

Oskar Martin

if you can't source parts for it for borderline free just put it back in the box and keep holding onto it.

L

Lionel Tan

I think I had this 2004/5 it's a Single core AMD with sata 1 , the first sata to save us all from the crappy pata

M

Mike Trigg

looks like a Gigabyte board i had like 10 year ago but could dual ram it !!

D

David Gunner

minesweep on ultra low settings.... maybe

M

Mike Trigg

Candy Crush !!!

W

Wayne Wofford

I wouldn't hate on it just yet. get it up and running find a projector hook with avg cord get some beers some food a blanket don't forget a women have a movie night.

J

Josh Stricklin

Looks like the first ddr ram, so not really. Best it could be is a dual core I'm pretty sure, and nowhere near a decent one

C

Chris Tingman

you can play minecraft.. wait did i say "craft"? sorry sweeper is what i meant. it could handle minesweeper

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom