Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch Can someone please explain the difference between Ganon, calamity Ganon and Ganondorf...

H

Hari Edson

Can someone please explain the difference between Ganon, calamity Ganon and Ganondorf please? The only Zelda games I've played are spirit tracks, phantom hourglass, and botw. Thanks :)

J

Jonathan Patimo

Ganondorf is his human shape form, Ganon is his beast form, Calamity is his demon form

F

Frederik Fritte Bach-Hansen

the difference primarily lies within the seperated timelines thats going on in zelda.

S

Shayne Maldon Strawser

Just think of it as a different universe. That's just how Ganon is in this universe.

D

Daniel Share-Strom

They're all essentially alternate versions of the same character.

F

Frederik Fritte Bach-Hansen

this picture kindda explains it. a few games including ocarina of time is a unified universal timeline.
ALOTP, oracle of seasons, links awakening, LOZ and AoL is what would happen if link failed to defeat ganon in OoT and he got the hands on the triforce.

Majoras mask, twilight princess and four swords are the timeline of what happens if link would have defeated ganon as a child.

wind waker, phtanom hourglass and spirit tracks would be what have happened if ganon head been defeated as adult link.

Botw have not been placed officially on the timeline yet, but theorycrafters are speculating whether its within the failed timeline or an entirely different timeline itself.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

V

Virginia Hirsch

Fun fact that BOTW doesn't touch on: Ganondorf is actually a rare male Gerudo.

M

Matt Evertson

Ganon and ganondorf are the same dude. Calamity ganon is the main ganon in BotW, where ganon is like fragmented up into multiple people.

T

Tyler Craig

You played the wrong Zelda games beside BotW

J

Jeffrey M Batson

Okay so let's get this straight by going to the beginning. It all starts with Demise from SS. Upon his defeat we speculate (it's a theory) that he manifests himself in the form of a beast that was called Ganon, who looks like a pig. Among the Gerudo only one male is born every 100 years and at some point we are introduced to Ganondorf, which is a way Ganon saw as a way to re-manifest himself. This is the reason why Ganondorf transforms into Ganon at the end of OoT because his human body was weakened to the point where he could not contain it. Ganon is explained as being in his "true form of malice", which we can imagine is the closest thing Ganon has gotten to being Demise once again (again, this part is a theory)

J

Joe Miller

Sigh, I believe Calamity Ganon is Ganondorf from OoT in which he abandons his will to become humanoid again

A

Anthony Vaccarella

try the youtube channel commonwealth realm it has everything for the zelda franchise and can explain how BOTW fits :)

S

Spencer Miller

I guess it's kind of hard to explain. Ganondorf is a male Gerudo who has the spirit of Demise inside him (think it's just theorized) and going by that theory, Ganon is the spirit of Demise taking him over and transforming Ganondorf into a beast. Eventually, after being defeated and resurrected so many times, Ganon becomes mindless and just becomes a spirit of pure hatred which transforms him into Calamity Ganon. At least I think that's what calamity Ganon is. It's hard to say since we don't know where it's placed in the timeline. I think at one point he does become mindless after being resurrected so many times. I wish they would have gone more in depth as to how Calamity Ganon came to be. All I think they say is that he is a being filled with hatred.

A

Adrian Chan

Ganon is a pig monster, calamity ganon is a similar just alot larger and ganondorf is a human carrot top

X

Xavier Ricardo Berrío Mejía

Long story short, while all of them are the very same person, consider that:

Ganondorf is a Gerudo who wants the whole triforce and this makes him the villain. He has the look and personality of any humanoid.

Ganon is the name given to any of his strongest transformations (whether OoT, TP, Oracles.. you name it). He can still think and process emotions yet he's basically Ganondorf at his fullest (Demise's got to do something here but not that crucial so far in the oficial story)

Calamity is still Ganondorf.. yet he's lost all human(noid) characteristics; he doesn't feel, not talking, not thinking, not reasoning. He's Ganondorf totally defeated and consumed by his own power, greed, and hatred (and Demise's will maybe?). Consider BotW is over 12000y beyond his first appearance in OoT.

Hope this helps. Source: I'm over 25 and I've played EVERY ZELDA GAME

E

Edward Coates

All the same spirit of Demise's vengeance

J

Joseph Loveland

Different characters.

T

Tom Walsh

Ganondorf's the human form, Ganon's the beast form but not completed BotW yet.

J

Joshua Nichols

Ganon was a man that became so powerful that his greed transformed him into a monster. I guess you could say he usurped Demise as his reincarnate. I'm not wholly certain of what made him become Calamity Ganon but they are the same person. Ganondorf, however, was a Gerudo that Ganon plagued. Becoming the king to a baron land and many hardships, he would see the Hylians wanted for naught. That spark of hatred is what Ganon used to manipulate him into being his so to say vessel. Ganon is timeless so he is the same in every game, constantly changing while Ganondorf only appears in a few titles because he's just a human puppet Ganon manipulated.

K

Kiernan Knox

Ganondorf the person ,is a reincarnated form that is defeated and reincarnated over and over , clamity ganon is a midway phase of ganon trying to come back to their realm

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom