Contact advertising [email protected]

Can anybody tell me why my steam does this?

J

Jeremy Esela

Can anybody tell me why my steam does this?

D

Drew Leonard

should probably specify what is steam is "doing" in this pic lol

J

Jeremy Esela

look how it downloads

R

Ron Barchuk

Everything that downloads is up and down. I don't see what the issue is?

J

Jeremy Esela

it will download continuously like it should then just stop, and drop down to 0MB and sometimes download at 500 to 600 KBs

J

Jeremy Esela

then back up to the speed it should be

N

Naphone Jinn Sa

It uses p2p so dl of games are not consistent

J

Jeremy Esela

its not my laptop or my internet as everything else works fine

N

Naphone Jinn Sa

Basically after a pack is done from one user it connectd to someone else to dl another pack

N

Naphone Jinn Sa

And of course everyones internet is not the same

J

Jeremy Esela

Damn I didn't know steam worked like that

R

Rick Kidder

It's normal, you're fine.

D

Drew Leonard

also depends on the game. they still have files on servers as well or else nobody could preload a game. bo3 is probably pretty low priority after the years

R

Rūdolfs Jorens Baltiņš-Kļava

It is normal steam installation process(it downloads, extracts, checks integrity, installs and downloads next block and does the same)

J

James French

Thats wifi for ya dont know why people still use it on their computers

R

Rūdolfs Jorens Baltiņš-Kļava

That's not wifi issue LoL, btw 5G over optical connection

D

Dan Medved

I just downloaded over 100gb last night and mine never acted like that nor has it ever. This 'extract-integrity-pack' that a couple of you have mentioned sounds like BS. This just looks like a shit internet plan and a slow drive.

S

Søren Sønderholt Christiansen

If you know how harddrives work, you'll know why it does this. Eventually after your drives have been used for a while, Steam has to allocate the space for the files you're about to install / download. When you delete something from a harddrive, it doesn't remove it. It only marks the thing you removed as overwriteable. So when you have to download and install new things, you computer goes over the harddrive and finds enough of these spots to download your file. That's what allocating is essentially.

R

Richard Robert Kershaw

Ok. As steam downloads it installs at the same time. The blue is the download the green is the hdd installing. The amount of data coming down is packed. So needs to be unpacked then installed piece by piece and your download is waiting for the hdd to catch up.

A

Adam Murray

Just depends on server traffic

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom