Contact advertising [email protected]

Bit confused regarding building a PC for Adobe Premiere ( as well as audio...

K

Kevin Lopez

Bit confused regarding building a PC for Adobe Premiere ( as well as audio production.) I have a current build with a 4790K, 16GBs DDR3, it's plenty fine. I am considering next year building a new system for audio/video production, as I'm trying to get into video for my career.

What is more important for video editing? Raw core speed, or multicore? I've heard arguments for both, so I'm not sure.

M

Mark McCann

It would depend on the software you are using but generally multi core would be better. The CPU you have is an excellent all rounder as it has 8 threads and a potentially 5 GB overclocked speed though 4.5 GB would be more common. Unless you are willing to spend many hundreds of £$ you would not see a significant improvement.

K

Kevin Lopez

I love my build, I just figured it may be nice to have one machine dedicated for work, one for everything else. BUt yeah, performance is great. Currently OC'd to 4.4GHz, and I replaced my 1070s stock cooler with my own fans just wrapped around the card, by far the best cooling I've had yet, and it's VERY quiet.

M

Mark McCann

The GTX is an excellent piece of kit, pound for pound one of the best GPUs ever IMO.

M

Mark McCann

GTX 1070

K

Kevin Lopez

I've been considering delidding the 4790k just to get it running even cooler. but my temps are fine while OC'd. PRetty much I'll just keep what I got for now. I do want to build a dedicated video/audio machine, but I'll wait till next year. More then powerful enough for me, for video and gaming.

M

Mark McCann

Early to mid next year Intel Cannonlake and Ryzen refresh will launch. Cannonlake is rumoured to be quite special

K

Kevin Lopez

I'll be holding out for longer.

M

Mark McCann

I too have an I7 4790k, it was cold today but instead of turning the heating on I took advantage of the low ambient temps to overclock it to 4.7GB and sat under a blanket. All I have done is browse the web.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom