Contact advertising [email protected]

About to buy a laptop, what do you guys think about the Lenovo Y520-15IKBN? My budget...

J

John Sun

About to buy a laptop, what do you guys think about the Lenovo Y520-15IKBN?

My budget was $750, all the school/ work laptops I looked at had horrible specs at the $700 level.
So I started looking at gaming laptops. The specific Lenovo Y520 I looked at has a i5 7300HQ, GTX 1050ti, 128GB M.2 SSD + 1TB 5400RPM HDD.

My primary use for this is honestly work/ school. I wanted an HQ processor but all the work laptops I looked at had crappy "U" series processors.

Its currently on sale, my configuration is $1020, sale bumped it to $880, then 15% off for being a student put it at $750.

I mainly really need reliability. I know my specs are a bit overkill for work/ school, but i'd like this to last me a while and let me game a bit.

F

Faiq Hayaza

Pretty good specs, i bought that laptop 1 month ago for my brother. I bought the i7 7700HQ + 1050 2GB version. However, the build quality is not that great but who am i to complain about such a budget laptop with a decent specs

J

John Sun

Great! Thanks. That's one thing I heard, build quality isn't the *best* but i can't complain with the specs.

How's it performance wise? fast?

G

Gregory Leung

The battery is a bit small though

J

John Sun

Yeah i know thats one of the main cons. Battery life is realistically like 3 hours.

However, I know most gaming laptops with dedicated GPUs dont have a very long battery life either. Honestly ill probably have a wall outlet near me either way

O

Orion Holt Jacoby

Not bad

H

Hunter Ward

Damn i wish i saw this! I just bought an acer aspire f 15 with an i5 7200U, nvidia 950M, and 12GB of ram for $700 shipped for school.

Although my battery life is pretty decent. 6hr of web browsing/typing, or about 3-4 while doing other things that are a little more intensive

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom