Contact advertising [email protected]

What if leage of legend's match making was applied on overwatch, where you got to...

S

Siddiqui Umer

What if leage of legend's match making was applied on overwatch, where you got to select 2-3 roles from which you'd pick your heroes, and the match making would limit one role to a maximum of 2 or 3 people. (i rarely play lol, like once a year, but the idea seemed nice). Would people still have issues with 5 teammates instalocking dps or something similar?
Discuss.

T

Tony Dean

I’d like it

K

Kerby Lloyd G Palino

Did Overwatch Working!?

J

Juli Perret

The idea is nice, but it would be difficult to execute in a game like Overwatch where switching heroes to adapt is so vital. What happens if one of our DPS and healers want to trade roles? Or if the team decided an extra tank was necessary? Maybe there'd be a way to work around that, but otherwise it'd be a hard system to implement.

A

Aadil Saqib

I'd quit. Free hero choice is probably the best thing about overwatch. I don't wanna be forced into roles that I don't feel like playing at the given time. Plus, OW is unique in the aspect that viable comps are independent of roles. You can go quad tank, triple dps, triple support, builder comp, triple tank, pirate ship, double sniper, defense only etc. And there's a chance to win the game even with the most unique comps if you can make more synergy with them.

Edit: also, it's not like the current system hinders your climbing in any way. Performance based SR still exists below diamond that you will end up where you belong regardless of comp. And above diamond, I guess the game expects you to make workable comps based on your own sense and skill. It's upto the community to compromise rather than the game forcing it. And even with that it's not like you lose the minute you have a bad comp. I lost to 5 DPS, 1 healer yesterday. Even with our 3-1-2 comp, they beat us mostly cause their snipers wouldn't miss shots lol.

C

Courtney Antonov

no because you need to change comps too often say you choose tank but then the 2 tanks you play are countered and you arn't good at the others or you're on a map that's bad for them, 2 ppl queue up as support but its a damage zen and a sym, you'd have to change roll, some times you need a diff amount of healers based on what the comp is, the whole point of OW is team comp choice, countering, switching with the flow . League's system would encourage one tricks. OW just needs better MMR

L

Lin Galini

I don't get why people insist on pushing those kind of ideas into OW. I'm a support main and i prefer a good Hanzo to a bad Rein. Why people dont try to improve even if it's gonna be just one hero they wanna play? It's not about the team composition, but about team work.

R

Robb Croyl II

It's a cool idea, but it would interfere with certain comps, like quad tank, 3-2-1, things like that

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom