Contact advertising [email protected]

What if i were to get an old Dell Optiplex and GT 1030? How would that play out if...

J

Jerry Leal

What if i were to get an old Dell Optiplex and GT 1030?

How would that play out if anyones done this combination before?

Thoughts?

K

Kevin Mahoney

Don't. Complete waste of money. That won't play anything at decent frame rates.

M

Michael Braddy

That’s like for bare minimum gaming, low settings just barely enough to actually have a game run. I advise that you do not get that.

E

Elia Volkov

Don't. You will not even get the chance of upgrading, unlike other upgradeable builds. So it is totally waste of money and thought.

I'd suggest you to buy a used build with i7 6th gen and 8/16gb, they are like for $200 and less. I have seen someone who got one like that for $100.
Then get a second-hand 1050ti. That way you are "good" to go.
I don't think it will cost you more than $350 in total if you keep looking patiently, you might get things with lower price.

K

Kevin Mahoney

You need to save way more for something better. It'll be well worth it. And wait until this stupid mining business blows over so GPU prices go down.

S

Sean J. Michelin

If the dell is free, and has a q6600 or similar, and it has 8 gb, a GT1030 is not the end of the world, the GPU is between a GTX 750 and 750 Ti, and the q6600 is decently good for its age and cost.

R

Renzamiel

Go for i5 Optiplex and low profile 1050Ti also Q6600 is not bad at all i own one of that and its ok

M

Minh Nguyen

I'm using a 2006 Pre-built desktop, just upgraded ram to 8gb and bought a gt 1030. Works fine for esports titles. League of Legends, Medium ~100fps, fortnite, ~40-50 fps medium

A

Ankit Mukherjee

I got an gt geforce 710....is it well for gaming?

T

Timmoseus Cassius

That's the Optiplex 755 with an LGA 775 socket. You could get lucky and get one with a Core 2 Duo E8400 or E8500, but I'd swap it with a Core 2 Quad. You wouldn't be able to play new games above minimum settings though. They are solid boxes, but you'd be better off with a newer 3010, or better. 2nd/3rd gen I series. Makes a better budget rig and looks a lot sleeker as well. Just stay away from the USFF models as they do not have expansion slots.

A

Andri Siswanto

Christ Lr

J

Jacob Gilmore

Have the same set up actually pretty dang good

D

Devind Manoj

I have gt1030 is fairly good for the price...dunno abt tat dell tho

F

Francis Sasil

i did it but i have a gt 710 and its sucks af

D

Dillon Black

I did this with a comparable hp didn't build it to game made It as sort of a server. But did test the card out. Very light duty stuff in low settings is about the best you get.

B

Ben Miller

get a better dell SFF

A

Ahmad Magdy

This just sounds not right , a sin in gaming

L

Lőrincz Tamás

My bro had a Dell 755 with a 1030 in it, it wasnt terrible but great either

B

B Alan Miller

Ryzen 2 will be better with just intergraded graphics