Contact advertising [email protected]

Went over to geek squad the other day when I bought another 1tb hdd, and asked them...

Q

Quinton Boffy

Went over to geek squad the other day when I bought another 1tb hdd, and asked them about switching over os to it, and one of the guys said he would have to run it and clean it out, to make sure there isn't any bad files or anything going over to it also, almost like a clean slate, is there anything I could do to do that myself so I know os is good to go

E

Erik Uccello

They have many programs that can mirror your current HDD to a new one. OS and all will transfer fine, and many of these programs are click and forget kinda stuff. I ended up using Samsung magician software but I'm not %100 sure it works with other drives but there's a ton of programs I saw when I was researching how to do it.

E

Erik Uccello

Also, best buy and staples tech support is mad over priced because they have preset guidelines about what work counts as what they bill for. For example, I have a root kit that changed admin privileges on certain files and need them restored. While it's very simple (after fixing the infection) they would need to charge you for a full data recovery which is a couple hundred dollars. They don't have in depth billing for simple problems. My biggest issue when working for them was I couldn't even do simple fixes without billing customers for stupid shit. /rantoff

R

Richard Philips

its easy just format it when you do windows setup

R

Richard Philips

why are you getting the drive from them, you should get one new really

Q

Quinton Boffy

No I bought a new hdd from Best buy and I just had to turn around and there was geek squad so I figured I would ask

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom