Contact advertising [email protected]

So someone offered to sell me their EVGA SC2 second hand, I was wondering if it's...

E

Elias Scharmer

So someone offered to sell me their EVGA SC2 second hand,

I was wondering if it's worth getting the 1080Ti or wait for next gen 1180 next year? Do you guys think it will outperform it heavily?

I'm gaming on 1080p currently but will probably upgrade to a 144hz 2k monitor

K

Kautingu Bernardo Yowani Mukanda II

dude what more would you ask for i have the 1080 founders edition....i am fine with it as for the next 2 years..

D

Drew Leonard

arent they going to 2000 series naming for the volta gaming cards?

J

Joel Varuska

As for the next gen out performing the current gen heavily; I used to think that it would. After seeing the performance of the Titan V, I'm not sure. If it follows their road maps charted performance increases, the next gen XX70 card will be similar to the 1080 Ti. If the Titan V's numbers are going to be similar to the next gen XX80 Ti, then I think the 1080 Ti will be around 5-10% slower than the volta XX80 card.

B

Brian Heuerman

1080ti is a beast, I wouldn't expect the next lineup of cards to be mindblowingly more powerful. That was Pascal last year. Probably won't see a jump in performance like that again for some time... Besides most of us never really "buy" hardware... We just pay to use it for awhile. Buy the 1080ti, then use it to gain better access to the next lineup of cards.

A

Antonio Grašić

240hz masterrace ,330$

C

Carlo Suansing Garcia

There's just no competition from amd. Like what intel has been doing up to 7h gen dont expect too much from the next lineup

B

Brooks Michael

Next generation for sure. If they follow the leaked map and the speeds are what are leaked... the low end cards will blow these out of the water

J

JV Flores

Well i'd think you should wait for the better GPU, but if it's gonna be a whole year then i think you should buy the second hand GPU, then selling it and earning up the next year for the 1180

R

Richard Clark

Go get 1080ti definitely - it's going to be at least 7 months+ before you get your hands on anything new - and even then it will be the founders edition first, which is shit and overpriced compared to the others coming from manufacturers

S

Steven Gunnoe

If its a decent deal I would definitely go for it. I have the same card and it does great. It never got out of the 60's in my first case with good airflow and now I have it in one with not quite as good and the hottest it has hit was 71C. Good looking card and not so oversized like some of them and overclocks as good as the big ones.

R

Richard Philips

god knows how long it will take the 1100 series to get the shelves your have the usual low stock bs to deal with for months and inflated prices too

R

Richard Philips

chances are it will be 20 to 30 percent better

R

Richard Philips

1080ti will get close enough to 144mhz 1440p most of the time anyway

V

Vincent Klein

I don't believe it will be 11 series. I think they are junping up to 2000 series next. But due to low stock and the fact that it's not released, I would jump on the 1080ti now if the price is right.

S

Steven Marshall

How much were they selling the the 1080 for? My 1080 handles the 2k 144hz just fine. I’d do the 1080ti if you got the money then do a 1440p ultrawide.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom