Contact advertising [email protected]

So serious questions builders. I have a i7 7700k and I want a gtx1080ti BUT it's a...

• Thread starter Steven Justice Tomes
  • Start date
S

Steven Justice Tomes

So serious questions builders. I have a i7 7700k and I want a gtx1080ti BUT it's a little pricey. I plan on doing 4k animation, vr gaming (possibly) and 4k gaming I know I'll have 2 ultra wide monitors 1080p and a 4k TV all mounted to the pc. (4k so I can see my 4k animation) MY QUESTION would a lower gtx work? Or should I wait the 4 months to get the 1080?

A

Alec Jackson

The 1080 should be fine honestly. But hey the Ti is a beast. If you can save a little money I'd go for the Ti

R

Riley Branson

Going to be honest, maybe a 1070ti might work for the job, but your going to actually be fully utilizing the card everyday. So i do recommend going the 1080ti. Its like a common saying, a good tradesman never blames his tools. Thats because they pick the right tool for the job and they dont cheap out on their tools. For what your doing, i highly recommend a 1080ti.

S

Steven Justice Tomes

I really want the ti. But it's so damn expensive I seen a 1060 that was 80 was thinking about getting it

S

Steven Justice Tomes

I'm still new at building.

R

Riley Branson

Yea all good m8, but no point in cheaping out on a 1060 if your going to need a 1080ti later. Like maybe if you have a 2nd rig with like a gtx760 in it and want to upgrade it later when replacing the 1060 for a 1080ti, but in the overall scheme of things, the 1080ti is what you need. Will dramatically reduce the 4k render times not to mention the 1060 you were looking at was most likely a 3gb vram where as the 1080ti is a 11gb vram card, and you can fully utilize for 4k animation rendering. My gf is doing something similar, shes doing photography and photoediting, so ive opted over for a 8gb rx580 over the 1060 because of more vram and higher processing power that can be fully utilized for her photography.

J

Jacob Asher

With what you're doing.... You've answered your own question :p. You said you "plan on", is this implying you won't be starting all of this soon? If so, if you can wait 4 months, wait 4 months.

A

Andik R. Setiyo Hendarto

You should wait... :)

A

Andy Schille

Wait for the new series to release. The 2018 GPUs should kick the previous generation's butt when it comes to 4k. Just like the 2016 GPUs kicked the 900 series' butt for 1440p. And the 900 series kicked the previous generation's butt for 1080p. The longer you wait the better you'll get for your money, because the meta always changes.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom