Contact advertising [email protected]

So I used to say that a GPU running at x8 doesnt make much of a difference compared to...

N

Nelbert Castillo

So I used to say that a GPU running at x8 doesnt make much of a difference compared to x16.... well I found out today I was wrong. I had too many m.2 drives taking up all the lanes and my 1080ti was running at x8 instead of the full x16. Here is the diffence running SLI 1080ti with one running at x8.
Also made a video showing my configuration and what I did wrong.

R

Rory Blandin

It shouldn't and doesnt happen to me. Your m.2 doesn't not use the CPU pcie express lanes. It uses the motherboard chipset.

R

Rory Blandin

Two 1080tis running at 8x. PCIe 3.0 at 8x will not bottleneck a 1080ti.
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

R

Ryan Goodall

It takes one helluva card to fully use x16 3.0, more than even a 1080 Ti I'd think. Not even sure the Titan cards fully saturate the bus

R

Ryan Goodall

In SLI that's what the bridge on top is for

A

Alan Clancy

Single titan X (Pascal) to compare so those scores aren't really too bad. I can still get more out of this card too i just got bored when running these so stopped lol

R

Ryan Goodall

Titans are Compute cards, your money is better spent on a 1080 Ti

R

Rory Blandin

Here you go, there are the computers I have at my disposal. You can use these for a comparison if you like.

B

Ben Percy Ward

Seems like a massive difference. My 4790k and single 1080ti aren't that far behind compared to the 8x version.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom