Contact advertising [email protected]

So, I have this friendly MP500 M.2 drive on my computer. I have it as the system...

J

Jorge Marino

So, I have this friendly MP500 M.2 drive on my computer. I have it as the system drive. So far it's been doing wonderful, except for one thing, the temps. At the moment it is sitting at 67 Celsius, it is rated up to 85 C though. It is covered entirely by the GPU.

Would graphics performance be affected too much if I put the GPU on the second PCI slot? This way the little guy can breath a little bit better.

A

Allen J Russell

I wouldn't worry about switching it. Temps are fine.

V

Ville-Waltteri Herrala

Depends on the board. Generally the rule of thumb is the top x16-slot has the optimal bandwidth etc. for a GPU. Maybe add some case fans to generate airflow throughout the case?

S

Stefen B Allen

Those temps are fine.

A

Allen J Russell

I second better air flow in the case

A

Allen J Russell

What case?

A

Ak TechGears

I would get it to cover with m.2 heatsink. Most logical way to cool it down.

B

Brian Alba Cofano

is there another slot on your mobo?

C

Clint Gardner

Better airflow and something like the EK M.2 heat sink would help a little.

D

Drew Torres

M.2s run hot. It's just what they do.

D

David Neely

M2 does run warm however check your board SOME have a secondary 16x slot at the bottom and that would dispatch the heat exchange that's happening. Also if you have a fan that can blow across the m2 that will help a little. If you have a secondary m2 slot that might also help

J

Jorge Marino

The case is a Corsair Air 540. Three 120mm intake fans, one exhaust and the CPU cooler is a Cooler Master MA610P.

Allen J Russell, Ville-Waltteri.

A

Ak TechGears

How about using a Pci-e adapter for m.2? Well, a m.2 slot on mobo runs on the Pci-e express lanes anyway of the motherboard.
Using a M.2 on a pci-e expansion card to free Pci-e slot it gives you exactly the same data bandwidth as the M.2 slot itself on a mobo. Second choice is the heatsink. And for the last choise, you need a better airflow just like the other users mentioned above.

H

Hector Ramirez

Just get a heat shield

H

Hector Ramirez

Idk if you can buy them separate, one came with my mobo with a thermal pad, so it stays below 50c all the time really, also sits behind an 1060 6g

G

Ghassan Na'imat

Best solution add a heat sink, i have a plaxtor m.2 never passed 35

G

Ghassan Na'imat

Mate it says its not normal to get to 85 degree, not more, but still think you should use an m.2 heatsink

J

Jordan Riffe

Not too clever of a mobo layout in my opinion. Mine has 2 m.2 slots, neither of which behind the gpu. I still run my m.2 in the slot furthest from the gpu, however I’m adding another m.2 soon because my game library is beginning to outgrow my ssd space. I like to keep all my games on ssd tho. Because I’m picky. Idk why I even have my 2tb WD 7200 in my rig.

S

Sean Wilson

I’ve put one of these heatsinks on my m.2

J

Jacob Glueck

Are you thermal throttling? If no then put the big boy pants on and leave it alone. Stop following the ppl that have sizing contests on how low their temps are. No thermal throttle no issue plain and simple...

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom