Contact advertising [email protected]

So, I am needing some assistance. The short story is I am struggling to determine what...

• Thread starter Jasper Lee Rose
  • Start date
J

Jasper Lee Rose

So, I am needing some assistance. The short story is I am struggling to determine what size power supply unit I am needing to upgrade to.

The details? This is what I can remember off the top of my head, but I can attempt to find more details if needed.

Dell xps8900- completely stock at the moment
Gtx 730, but upgrading to a gtx770 evga
8-core Intel i-7 6700 @3.4 ghz
16 gb of ddr4 ram. I think each ram stick was 8gb from what I say when I opened the computer up

The stock PSU is 430 watts. The graphics card I am upgrading to says I need a minimum system power of 600 watts. I want some spare wattage for future upgrades, but I have a limited case space. I am having troubles finding the dimensions for my stock power supply, and I am having trouble calculating how big of an upgrade I need to jump up to. I watched a video where a guy put a 725Watt power supply in the computer with about ¼ inch to spare if that helps out at all. I am usually a pretty tech savvy guy, but building computers is not my speciality. I really do want to learn though.

Any help at all would be appreciated.

L

Lewis Kiltie

Put it this way, my oc'd 1070, R5 1600 @3.9, aio, multiple case fans etc only pull 353w under full synthetic load

W

Wayne Pritchard

I have a evga 600w and that will run any single card honestly

W

Wayne Pritchard

However I bought a 850w just in case i ever wanted any more headroom so pretty much 600 up to 750w or so

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom