Contact advertising [email protected]

So... here's a fun one... I think I killed my computer or shorted my motherboard...

F

Frank Osorio

So... here's a fun one... I think I killed my computer or shorted my motherboard somehow. I was charging my iphone via one of the back USB ports and set my phone for an alarm (I doubt that would have anything to do with it, but details...). After the alarm went off, the computer refused to wake up or turn on. The RGB lights on the mobo, an Asus Strix z370-i, are still functional. I tried unplugging and letting all the power discharge, let the computer sit for 5 minutes, plug back in and still nothing, no boot, not even fans starting, however the built in RGB strib is still illumated. Any ideas? - aside from my aforementioned phone choice.

H

Hunter Barnes

Have you tried safebooting it from the motherboard?

E

Erik Uccello

Pull the cmos and try it again. It's the watch battery on your Mobo. If that doesn't help try taking out one stick of ram at a time till it posts.

R

Ryan Bloch

Unplug the computer, hit the power button to drain the caps, then plug it back in.

F

Frank Osorio

So after some online troubleshooting from Asus, I’m going to have to RMA the board

R

Ryan Bloch

Ouch good luck with asus rma, hope it goes well.

J

Jason Dudek

Might be the PSU. Seen this happen in a few builds.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom