Contact advertising [email protected]

Okay, okay, so I know Intel is money grubbing, but I'm new to pc building as of April...

T

Tracie West

Okay, okay, so I know Intel is money grubbing, but I'm new to pc building as of April 2017. Bought my i7-7700k for $340.00 and I'm just curious as to why that price hasn't dropped even though there are newer processors offered by them? Is this normal or what?

R

Ronald Severt

Yes. Normal.

M

Marvin Igat

Nothing come close to the 7700k. No reason to reduce the price.

T

Tyler Brett

I got mine for 260 at microcenter earlier this year

T

Tyler Killa

Got mine at microcenter around the same time you did for around $330 USD

B

Bernard Hamlet

I paid $480 AUD for mine
#sadreactsonly

M

Michael Rivera

It's normal.

A

Alex Hyde

It will last you awhile anyways. Good purchase

S

Stuart Spohn

Great cpu. It's still the fastest so price drops aren't needed

J

J.r. Ghostking

Look pc building/upgrading is a joke trying to keep up with whats new is like trying to keep up with the changing of the wind you can do it but that is your hole life and you will never have enough money

S

Steve Sherrod

If the demand is there why would they drop the price?

J

Jacob Asher

Does this make you mad?

T

Thiago Sousa

Normal. Intel pretty much never changes the pricing. Look up some older CPUs at various vendors, they are retail or close to retail. Always has been. Sometimes they drop a hair

A

A.D. Mortiel

Honestly, most of the time it's not the OEM that causes stagnant pricing on older products... It's the seller. It's also not just Intel. I could go find obsolete but brand new first generation 120 GB SSDs being sold for thousands of dollars to this day.

Those sellers have no way to off-load obsolete stock. They just sit there, collecting dust. They refuse to lower the price to move the product since the storage space isn't really a problem for the likes of sellers Amazon, NewEgg, and CDW. They just keep it at or around MSRP.

New car dealers (not used) have a different concept. Excess year end models are shipped back to the car maker for a rebate to the dealer since they can't sell them. They obviously make more from an actual sale, but returning them to the car maker incentivizes them to clear the limited lot space and allows the car maker to recycle the materials into new vehicles or ship them to a "like new" dealership selling old model cars for cheaper prices.

Wish electronics sellers would do that, honestly.

D

Dustin Chamberlain

the 7700k hasn't dropped because there is nothing which competes with it. the 6700k hasn't really gone down in price much at all for the same reason, even though the 7700k is slightly better (hence why its slightly more expensive) simply because there is no reason to. Intel doesn't have anything "newer" in the same class as the 7700k except the 7740k, and the 7740k isn't much better than the 7700k at all.

Once coffee lake and the 8700k come out, those will either be much more expensive, or the 7700k will come down in price and/or be phased out. You can hate Intel for being "money grubbing".... but it would be stupid business to randomly drop your prices if you have the best product in the world and there is no competition for it (not to mention it still sells very well).

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom