Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch Maybe not ENTIRELY Switch related, but here goes: I've been playing old VC games on my...

A

Anna Schutt

Maybe not ENTIRELY Switch related, but here goes: I've been playing old VC games on my Wii lately. Recently, I acquired an old Apple monitor for free from my school, and thought it'd be cool to hook my Wii up to it, and use it as a dedicated retro gaming setup. However, when hooked up to the adapters I purchased online, it doesn't work. The light on my monitor comes on, indicating it's receiving a signal, but no picture. When I hook up my laptop and even my Switch to the monitor via the DVI to HDMI adapter, it works. Anyone have any ideas as to why it won't produce a picture from the Wii to the monitor? Is there a compatibility issue or something in the Wii settings I need to adjust? Thanks!!!

(I did hook up the Wii to my TV using the HDMI cable/adapter, and it worked.)

M

Michael Alexander Caddick

Apple have a habit of not doing ANYTHING standard, a bit like the switch dock not being standard usb3-hdmi. I'm guessing the multiple adapters just aren't able to bridge together several non-standard signals/devices.

A

Andrew Troy Stott

Try grabbing another monitor and changing some display settings.

S

Simon Howse

I have a feeling the Wii will only output 720p max apple monitor will be well above that !

D

Derek Strickland

Maybe the aspect ratio is off? Not sure. You can adjust aspect ratio/resolution output on the Wii to match the resolution of the monitor.

C

Christian Torres

Maybe buy a converter of some kind that converts AV signals to HDMI?

C

Cinda Marie

I've been reluctant to go buy a Wii again lately so I can relive some of my childhood memories and you're making me really wanna buy one right now ( sorry this isn't a helpful comment )

L

Lee Chambers

You may want to invest in an actually digital/analog video converter.. the dvi adapter is a digital cable so will work fine but that adapter you have vga-hdmi won't work.. you can't convert an analog signal to a digital one with out a powered device..

J

Joaquin Mojica

Try the DVI port?

S

Simon Howse

Or this !!!
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

J

Joey Conely

I modded my Wii do I can download wind water for free and twilight princess

A

Anna Schutt

Thanks for all the help, everyone! Since I have a VGA to DVI adapter already, I'm gonna try going this route:

A

Anna Schutt

Or this:

J

Jared Sheppard

Also make sure the Wii is set to 4:3 aspect ratio because that's what the old Apple monitors work at.

S

Spencer Miller

Maybe I'm just getting old but it feels weird seeing the Wii be classified as a retro console.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom