Contact advertising [email protected]

Last night i woke up to a bad thunderstorm, unfortunatley at around 10:00 PM EST....

J

Jesus Dominguez

Last night i woke up to a bad thunderstorm, unfortunatley at around 10:00 PM EST. Lightning struck right behind my apartment complex. Luckily no one, or anything else in the house got destroyed, except the Network adapter on my motherboard. Ive now lost my use of my MSI Z97 Gaming 3 Motherboard and dont know what to do with it. Eitherway i posted a picture of that ASUS H81M-E because i want to run my gpu(GTX 960) and the CPU(Intel i5-4590) on it. Can i fit that cpu into that asus board with a H60 Hydro cpu cooler and wat would be the best thermal paste to buy? Im on a mission to get my computer alive again by the end of today. give me some reccomendations.

B

Bryan Le

why not use a network card instead of onboard?

R

Rory Ashton Savage

I would seriously think about Bryan Le's suggestion and get a a network card (granted you have the space/expansion card for it). Another idea is a USB network adapter. In any event, all is not lost.

J

Jesus Dominguez

so just buying a network card would allow me to hardwire my pc to the modem again or would it be through wifi?

J

Jesus Dominguez

And yea everything else works fine it was just the ethernet port that has no connection

J

Jim Sweigart

I would make sure its not your router that got cooked first.

D

Danny Delmatto

Just go out and buy a pci card

C

Clement PanPan

Since you are using a copper AIO cooler,
"coollaboratory liquid metal ultra" is the best available thermal paste for consumers without a doubt...
It's a little different to your normal thermal paste, but it's really not that hard to apply (use it like paint)

I doubt anyone can claim they know a better thermal paste (as a system tester, I have tested 36 different kinds of thermal paste, and coollaboratory liquid metal ultra beat them all under stress)

J

Jesus Dominguez

Im back on my computer and it feels the same with the asus motherboard. I just rebuilt it and used the same paste. Either way i have my MSI motherboard there which i will be putting back on friday when i pick up the PCI card and some new paste.

W

Wehtam Mathew

go buy a pcie nic for cheap

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom