Contact advertising [email protected]

Just wondering if someone can help me out please ? Just bought myself a new 144hz...

J

James Brooke

Just wondering if someone can help me out please ?

Just bought myself a new 144hz screen and it's amazing compared to what Im Used to, but when I'm on cut scenes on games (battlefront 2 to be precise in this case) I get horizontal lines flickering every now and again ? Can't really describe it any better sorry haha

B

Brendan Chaplin

Tearing?

B

Brendan Chaplin

Or visible single colour lines?

D

David Charles Struve

Aren't cut-scenes usually pre-rendered at 60 or 30fps? So what you might be seeing is periods where there literally isn't a frame available to show since your monitor is trying to show more than is being output by your GPU? (Something that g-sync and free-sync were created to stop, since they can alter your monitor framerate to match GPU output even during cut-scenes).

J

James Brooke

Brendan I'm.not too sure what tearing is tbf will look on YouTube now

I'm new to pc gaming come back to it 15 years later haha so a lot has changed. Only had pc for around 2 month now

B

Brendan Chaplin

It's like horizonal sections that seem out of sync lol

B

Brendan Chaplin

Try turning on vsync

B

Brendan Chaplin

Or if the monitor has freesync use it if you have a Radeon GPU

B

Brendan Chaplin

Or use gsync if you have NVIDIA if the monitor has it lol

J

James Brooke

No it's not tearing deffo not blocky sections like I've just seen. It's just singular lines

B

Brendan Chaplin

Care to try record/photograph?

J

James Brooke

It's the ASUS VG248QE I have just bought and my set up is

R5 1600
1060 6gb
16gb

D

David Charles Struve

I doubt that will work Brendan, since cameras also have a different aperture rate to monitors. Anything they show will likely be due to the difference between the camera rate and monitor rate, rather than what is actually visible to the eye

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom