Contact advertising [email protected]

Just saw a comment here where somebody suggested not chatting is a grounds for being...

J

Jordan Hart

Just saw a comment here where somebody suggested not chatting is a grounds for being banned, so my New Year's resolution is to be done with this stupid-ass community.

What the fuck happened to online gaming? I used to get on Halo 2 to a wave of high-pitched voices saying they had sex with your mom, and you either muted them or insulted them harder. It was part of the game.

The problem with the Overwatch community isn't toxicity, but the paradox of the obsession with toxicity making toxicity worse. We've created a culture where EVERY ACT is grounds for suspension - the current contradictory suspensions for one-trickers and reporting one-trickers is proof of this. When we define bad behavior not by any specific set of rules but by how others make us "feel" then everyone is going to "feel" slighted when matches don't go their way - you've created a mechanism to reward the butthurt that comes naturally from losing. I had a guy last week message me for THREE HOURS, accusing me of deliberately throwing a game because I didn't switch to healer when I was playing the only tank.

Point being, fuck what this game has become. Nobody wins in this game through skill - everyone does their job and holds the line until one member of the team ragequits or tilts. And yeah, I'm sure part of that is because I play console

T

Tyler Moffat

C

Cameron Crick

oof

M

Miguel Silvestre

Smh my head

L

Lachlan Bundy

F

K

Krystal Stephens

I never thought I would say this, but LoL's community is better.

M

Mike Copersito

Ok i miss halo 2 days. And i do understand what your saying. The difference is that halo and those days were generic insults, nothing specific. But today its highly personal attacks. Halo you raged at one person at the enemy team. In overwatch your tilting against they people you are supposed to be working with. Its a team game, unlike halo.

M

Mitch Rhodes

May I suggest Hello Kitty Island Adventure?

C

Cody Burdick

One-tricking isn't grounds for suspension, that was exaggerated. But people decided that they're gonna believe everything they read on the internet. Staying out of chat is also not a bannable thing either.

This, though, is why I have excessively used the mute button, and is why I usually stack. What console do you play on, and what's your

N

Nihant Kansara

Rant post making sense agreed

T

Tohosa Twofeathers

someone been watching too much Dave Chappelle standup

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom