Contact advertising [email protected]

Xbox One Just getting into official pvp, only solo so trying to build small hidden bases, any...

M

Michael Wise

Just getting into official pvp, only solo so trying to build small hidden bases, any tips or advice on base design? So far I'm building 1x1 and 2x1 bases around and really enjoying trying to keep hidden from the server.

D

Drew Ark

I'd definitely play rag if I were trying to stay hidden. Also on the center just all the edge of the world cliffs are great places and you could have so many scattered around on the edge and they probably wouldn't ever find any if you're only building 2x1.

B

Brandon Bluhm

If they are found then they're likely to get destroyed as it's usually a sign of a troll/griefer

R

Ryan Milford

If you're gonna grow quick make a 3x3. Small but you can fit almost everything you need to get you going in it. Bed, smithy, fabby, fridge, preserving bin, generator, mortar and pastel, forge and a couple storage boxes will all fit in a 3x3 if you arange it right and you will still have walking space to get to everything.

D

Dwayne Yates

^Agreed, 3x3 is about the smallest you want to go. Also, I'd stay with one base and maybe a hidden cache. If you have multiple bases you're more likely to get discovered and once your tribe name is out there it's a lot easier for people to readily identify you.

Also as mentioned before, pillboxes and small 2x1's are considered suspect.

J

Jonathon Davidson

You've got the right idea. Build small, hidden, don't harvest trees and rocks near you, they won't come back. Plant x and turrets will probably only serve to give away your position, as they fire on people flying by that might not otherwise notice you. Although turrets inside the base are always a good idea.

3x3 is probably the smallest functional base you can have if you want a fabricator and maybe a generator/turret, but a primitive base can be much smaller.

This trick has saved me so many times...keep a cache of items hidden. Ingots, tools, cp whatever. Your most valuable things should be hidden when you log off. This can be done a couple ways but my favorite is this...pick a foundation inside your base that won't be covered (if it is 3x3 you'll want to use the center one). Demolish it, place 4 small boxes down there and load them up. Then replace the foundation. Most people aren't going to foundation wipe a base, they'll just bust in, take what they see and go. That being said, leave some things out to make it seem like you don't have much to loot. Alternatively you could hide this set up in the woods. But make sure you snap a second foundation to it! Single foundations will auto decay very quickly, leaving your boxes sitting there exposed.

Some of my best ark adventures were in a setting like this. It's a rush to know that just being seen could be the end of you. It's living on the edge of Ark. When you get ready to start killing players and dinos, go on YouTube and search "one wing unconventional warfare ark", that dude has some stellar ideas.

P

Pete Hill

if you can find a place to hide and dock a boat..

H

Harrison Harvey

Looking to hire for our tribe message me

L

Lorin William Sharpless III

2x2 base door on left 2 beds straight back a smithy to the right of beds forge in back right preserving bin to the right camp fire in front right corner and small chest by the door.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom