Contact advertising [email protected]

Ive got a really old system I'm trying to upgrade to eventually have a cheap ~50fps...

J

Josh Swanger

Ive got a really old system I'm trying to upgrade to eventually have a cheap ~50fps capable gaming rig. I'm doing this piece by piece with used hardware, so there's that, but here are the specs.

Original specs: ASUS CM5570-AP003 Prebuilt PC, circa 2008 or so

CPU: Pentium E5300 Dual Core
Motherboard: ASUS P5QL-VM-EPU
RAM: 3x2GB NANYA PC2-6400 800mhz DDR2
GPU: nVidia GTX 630
Storage: Three old crap HDD's
Standard 300w PSU

Ive got future upgrades I'm performing including a new case and PSU, a SSD, two 4GB ram sticks and a modded X5460 processor. I'm doing this incrementally to keep it easy for me as I'm not the most experienced, and I'm trying to work my RAM out first. I intend to keep two of the Nanya sticks and fill the other two slots with a pair of 4GB Mushkin Silverline 996760 sticks. They have the same 800mhz clock speeds, but the the Nanya says 6-6-6-13 and the Mushkin 5-5-5-18.

When I install these Mushkin chips in any order my system will not post. I removed all of sata connections and my GPU thinking it could be power, but no luck. It will not boot at all with the mushkin, even with just a single stick. I've scoured my BIOS and don't see anything that could force the system to automatically set these ratings. I found a settings list with north and south bridge chipset settings, but Im scared to alter any of the fields and possibly damage something.

Any advice?

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom