Contact advertising [email protected]

It's been ages since I posted anything about my rig, I have been busy with it though....

A

Alex Shulk Lee

It's been ages since I posted anything about my rig, I have been busy with it though.
Got sold a whole AMD rig with an FX-4130 3.8GHz(AM3+), 1TB HDD, GA-78LMT-USB3 micro-ATX motherboard, 8GB ram, CX500 and an XFX DD R(HD)7870 2GB all for £160, which I snapped up in an instant from an old friend who'd been using it beforehand. I switched it into my phantom enthusiast case and put my supernova G2 750W PSU in too and it runs well.
Only a couple of issues, running high end games like NieR:Automata or PUBG have a tendency to make it graphically glitch out before crashing, even after changing the settings to minimum from a smoothly running maximum, especially on NieR.
I'm going to change the cpu cooler tomorrow when my IPA arrives to the beefier cooler master hyper 212 with 2 corsair AF120s on it instead of the regular pwm fan cooler master have fitted to the 212, after that's fitted tomorrow, any other improvements anyone can recommend without changing to watercooling or changing the motherboard?

A

Allen J Russell

The processor is a little outdated to run current games. A hyper 212 evo.cooler is a great cooling option over liquid cooled. Also sounds like your cpu or graphics card is over heating. Try changing thermal paste on both the processor and gpu

A

Allen J Russell

Alex I do have a fx 6100 and a hyper 212 I'm about to ebay. I can give ya a good deal on both depending where u r at

A

Alex Shulk Lee

I have a hyper 212, so that's not an issue, I'll look up the FX-6100 and see how good it'd be, I'm looking at the FX-8350 at about £140, I'm near cambridge

A

Allen J Russell

I'm in the USA so I dpnt.kniw about international shipping. 8350 is alot.better then the fx 6100. Just the 6100.is better then u.got.now. prpbably.should just.get.the 8350

A

Alex Shulk Lee

Probably best, yeah

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom