Contact advertising [email protected]

I just finished adjusting my settings to play Alien Versus Predator for the Atari...

• Thread starter Sean Christopher Ohman
  • Start date
S

Sean Christopher Ohman

I just finished adjusting my settings to play Alien Versus Predator for the Atari Jaguar (yes I own a license to the game), using Play On Linux to manage Wine. I am using version 2.21-staging of wine with some tweaked adjustments to get the game to run well in fullscreen mode at a locked 60fps (it's one of those games that'll play too fast if it's unlocked. Some sound crackling and pops, until I adjusted the audio sample and latency rates, if you have the same issue of sound distortion, then play with the latency to 333ms and sound buffer to 40,000 samples 44100hz frequency now, might adjust that, but anyways, it's cool. so it's not an old PC game, but it's retro and could work on an older system for an unplayed holy grail type of experience. don't you remember seeing ads for alien versus predator for the jag, and not having a jaguar to buy it, because it was like the only cool title? heh . I use the Project Tempest Emulator, and again I do own a license to Alien Versus Predator.

S

Sean Christopher Ohman

*side note*: there was another emulator i tried which didn't have sound issues, however the fps was only 30. I believe the issue had nothing to do with using Wine and suspect that Windows users would have the same issue. So really I recommend people use Project Tempest's emulator.

S

Shane Ruetz

This is one of my favorite old games. Played it a ton as a kid.

T

Tom TwoJay

*drool*

S

Sean Christopher Ohman

so i did something that made virtual jaguar run faster, but i lost audio :-( so that sucks... i think my mom is giving me a $50 gamestop gift card for the holidays, so i'm gonna pick up a steam controller since i dont have a controller yet and i'll spend more time finding the best way to play this game fullscreen on linux

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom