Contact advertising [email protected]

Hi, I was wondering if the "Xeon e5 2690" is any good and is it even worth upgrading...

W

Wallace Aviles

Hi, I was wondering if the "Xeon e5 2690" is any good and is it even worth upgrading from my Core 2 Extreme Qx6700? Thank you

Y

Yan Andrukhov

depends on whether you need all those extra cores

C

Calvin Verheijen

You would be better off with a normal Core iX for a desktop. Xeon E5 is for servers, will need a server/woirkstation board, and will generally just cost you loads of money for nothing

M

Mastrok Los Qtr

unless you have an actual use for it that justify purchasing a new server board , you are better off with what you have now or you can consider getting an ix cpu for a desktop ( also change the board )

the e5-2690 is a decent cpu , also support 2X cpu config if you want to go for a dual xeon build if your workload benefits from it if you can get them used with a reasonable price , keep in mind you need to shell out around 300$ for a lga2011 server board .
in short do some research and find out, :)

W

Wallace Aviles

My friend wants to trade me his e5 2690 and mobo for my spare case and 1000w psu

M

Michael Schwarz

I was using an e5-2670 v2 for quite a while. I suggest going with a i5 or i7. They are great processors for VM use or server use, but the clock speed isn't great, and the core multiplier is locked, even on the engineering samples due to the dual cpu support

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom