Contact advertising [email protected]

Hi guys!! Just a quick question. I worked on a laptop yesterday. Asus K53u. Issue:...

• Thread starter Chad 'Murdoc' Maree
  • Start date
C

Chad 'Murdoc' Maree

Hi guys!! Just a quick question.

I worked on a laptop yesterday. Asus K53u.

Issue: Laptop switches on and then after a while switches off.

After testing with a multi-meter I found that the voltage was very low from the AC plug to the AC power adapter. Once I replaced the AC cable from the wall to the AC adapter the laptop worked fine.

Any reason that cable would become faulty? It's really weird!

M

Margarito Ayala

Potentially of it has been kinked/pinched the internal wiring. Then that would cause that issue.
Things wear and tear, with electronics. No one can,tell you when anything will fail just a rough time frame.
It's crazy how,little things can cause big issues.

M

Margarito Ayala

That's like with some gaming laptops that people replace the charger with the wrong wattage. Sometimes when buying person to person. They do that purposely, to save money on the charger.
I had a customer that bought a gaming Lenovo laptop. Told me his issues was that it only charged while the laptop was off. I doubled checked his dc port and battery driver.
Jumped online to the forums and everyone was saying that it needed the 135 watt charger. Having the 65 watt charger is not enough juice and wont charge the battery while on. Always learning new,thinga,with ,computers lol.

C

Chad 'Murdoc' Maree

Yeah 85% of the time its just human error or complete ignorance

M

Margarito Ayala

Oh yes love it, easy money.

А

Атанас Стоилов

check the label on the ac power adapter. see if its the right voltage. When ac power adapters go bad some of the coils fuse so thats why you get lower voltage.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom