Contact advertising [email protected]

Hey guys could you give me any ideas to patch this holes on my desk? I can't really...

R

Richard C. Sluder

Hey guys could you give me any ideas to patch this holes on my desk? I can't really afford a decent Ikea desk because i just spent my spre change on a monitor.
I've gotten suggestes from using contact paper to brushing it with wood varnish.

J

Jason Andrew Carson

Sand it flip it and repaint it?

J

Jason Rockley

Sugru or some sort of putty

J

Jay Tobay

go get a 3$ bottle of wood filler from home depot fill it let it dry sand and paint it will take no time at all

T

Tobias Lysgaard

saw dust and glue, then sand it and paint it :)

N

Nate Price

are actually holes or just paint chipped? I would sand it down best as you can to make it blende with the rest of the desk and then if it is a wood desk use stain to color it if its not use paint

B

Brandon Wassmer

Honestly man i just got an ikea top for $5, just keep going and looking at the discount area, other than that, wood filler, sand paper, and paint

S

Sam Gibbons

I would use something to fill in the gaps, some kind of adhesive, doesn't need to be super strong just able to fill it in, then and over it all then paint it to match the colour of the desk

J

Jason Andrew Carson

It would cost you more to buy the stuff to fix it up than buy a new cheap top..

B

Brandon Wassmer

or what you could do is take sheet of vinyl and put it on top

K

Kevin Edward

Sand it down, fill it with wood filler, sand it, paint it, sand it and paint it again. Boom lovely new smooth table.

G

Giovanni Valencia

you seriously cant afford the $30 basic tables at Ikea?

R

Richard C. Sluder

This is what it actually looks like, it's a bit of a mess where the laptop is seating is where i screwed on an extension to my desk so i get more workspace. It turned out ok i used a few elbows to make it sturdy. But i dont like the overall look. I don't really wanna buy a desk, i think mines would look good if i just used the right materials.

G

Gregory Ross

Get some wood filler from a home improvement store. Apply, smooth it out, then you can just let it dry and you'll be fine, if you want to go an extra step just buy some varnish and put it on there for asteitc reasons. I got my desk from the side of a road. It's a nice solid wood desk. So be on the lookout.

A

Antony Vincent Gibson

filler

R

Richard C. Sluder

So the whole thing is covered in plastic design wood paper.

A

Anilkumar G

Wax can be used as gap/hole filler then paint it

D

Duong Khanh Vu

Pull your mat down

R

Richard C. Sluder

Got the top plastic cover off.

R

Rob Muckian

Just buy some carbon fiber wrap and recover it