Contact advertising [email protected]

Hey guys, can anyone recommend a Ryzen CPU to move up to? 1700 or 1700x or even...

S

Sam Jones

Hey guys, can anyone recommend a Ryzen CPU to move up to? 1700 or 1700x or even higher???

I currently have
RYZEN 5 1600
ASUS gtx 1080ti 11gb founders edition
Asus X370 Pro
16gb RAM

S

Sajid Khan

Sam, Which ram r u using?

C

Christ Lr

1700.. OC to 1700X

S

Sam Jones

B

Ben James

What's the issue with the 1600?

S

Sam Jones

Was told that its too weak for the gtx 1080ti by someone on here and that games are going to become more CPU hungry

S

Sam Jones

^ the build in the post is my first and I'm new to all of this haha

B

Ben James

Depends which resolution and refresh rate your monitor is. The CPU is definitely not as strong as your 1080ti, but then all CPUs will be pushed with that GPU unless you're running 3440x1440 or 4k.

You won't gain enough upgrading the r5 1600 now though. For now, overclock it and then wait until Zen+ comes next year since you can just drop one of the newer generation CPUs straight into your existing rig.

But let's just pull this conversation to the side for a second and ask an important question - what games are you struggling with, that don't run properly on the rig?

S

Sam Jones

Refresh 165hz - 2160x1440p ultra settings on games such as battlefield. I don't have any problems. Temperatures are very good to be honest mate. To be honest all games I've played have been running seriously well... I should ignore what people say haha

B

Ben James

There you go. You found the answer I was leading you to ;)

S

Sam Jones

Cheers mate you've saved my wallet

M

Man Childjr

If you can stablize the overclock on a 1700 it's not much worse than a 1700x if you can get the OC higher it would be better

B

Ben James

You won't gain much if anything going from an overclocked 1600 to an overclocked 1700.

Bf1 multiplayer is particularly CPU heavy and so you might gain a few more frames, but it's not at all worth it IMO.

Future generations on the AM4 platform will likely be worth it, but for now, just enjoy.

S

Sam Jones

The information I needed Ben cheers buddy

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom