Contact advertising [email protected]

Xbox One HELP!!! User gets the attached error when trying to join my dedicated server. This...

J

Jontae Devon Land

HELP!!! User gets the attached error when trying to join my dedicated server. This user can join other servers, but not mine. I have no issue getting on, but I have had other users message me at times and say they could not get on. My NAT is open and I use UPNP to achieve this. I used to do port forwarding, but that would cause my main Xbox to go strict at times. Can anyone that is hosting an Xbox dedicated server with Comcast as their ISP send me a screen capture of your network setup? I am looking for something that works for dedicated Xbox and main Xbox.
Anyone else having these issues and have any suggestions?

P

Preston Tatum

You need to restart server it is a glitch

J

John Swisher III

Try a router reset and a hard reset

L

Levi Doty

I run an ASUS AC3100 for a router, ASUS has some nice built in goodies for Xbox Live and is rock solid, beyond that you should open up any of the ports needed in your router even with Open NAT.

L

Levi Doty

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

L

Levi Doty

Likewise person on the client side should also open the network ports in their router as well. Even if you have Open NAT does not mean they do.

T

Tyler Mcshan

How do you change your nat type

L

Levi Doty

NAT type is not something you change rather it is determined by tests the xbox does to see if the ports are open through your firewall. Open all the ports you should have Open NAT

L

Levi Doty

L

Levi Doty

Also just a note on the original post - you don't have to do port forwarding just do port triggering which ASUS has settings for that will open up a port as needed. I have 2 Xbox one on my network one is a dedicated server both are through the same router.

L

Levi Doty

V

Vanessa Carlson

The port forwarding is a must for dedicated Xbox otherwise this will be a norm occurance. Also make sure ppl trying to join have Nat type open since last few updates unless Nat type is open ppl will not be able to join ded servers.

L

Louise Gibson

Have you checked you nat settings on the host xbox.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom