Contact advertising [email protected]

Has anyone in here ever built a retro gaming PC? I’m talking about computers with...

J

Jacob Rudaski

Has anyone in here ever built a retro gaming PC? I’m talking about computers with Windows 95 or 98. I am really wanting to do that one day and I already have a Windows XP tower that I want to install Windows 98 on. Would I just have to buy a boot disc and then install it? This is the computer I currently have.

E

Erik Uccello

For some reason whenever I try to build a retro pc (actually even used a similar Dell) they just won't work right. Like, I can't even get them stable. Maybe it's the old parts I'm getting but I've seen Linus tech tips and others do the same with similar results.

B

B Alan Miller

I have a computer that had a Core 2 Duo that I upgraded to a q6600 and a 750 ti. Does alright. Cost me like $50

S

SRyan Dennis Pangowish

my friend build a awesome pc with a old case

K

Kevin Hansford

You need to make sure the hardware you are using is old enough to have win 9x drivers! Pentium 3 or Thunderbird athlon or earlier

J

Jacob Rudaski

Here’s a pic of the PC itself

M

Madison Cline

You would be better off using a Virtual machine

H

Haput Hernandez Macatiag

That case is a overheater.

H

Haput Hernandez Macatiag

My retro build using an early 2000's full tower case that used to have a pga478b mobo and p4cpu, 4 52x cd drives which i removed and put a 120mm case fan, core2extreme 6700 cpu, GeForce 8400gs gpu and plays retro games mostly.

C

Cody Richardson

ive thought about building an xp machine so i can play older games without them messing up

W

Wayne Wofford

Let me know if you need ram

C

Cody Dorsey

I lhave tons of these computers I want to get rid of. Anyone want one let me know lol.

L

Lőrincz Tamás

i have an old PC im not using but cant figure how to install windows 98 with the boot disk thing

C

CJ Simpson

Only need a boot disc if it's REALLY old PC wise, otherwise, Windows 98 SE should boot directly from the CD.

M

Margarito Ayala

I usually upgrade the cpu, gpu, ram and run Windows 10 64 bit. Real easy to do and I'm working some older models now also.

H

Haput Hernandez Macatiag

If you want the best advice, watch phil's computer lab. Go to guy in pre millennium pc.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom