Contact advertising [email protected]

Guys I think I'm not getting enough fps in my game -.- **ryzen 1700+Asus dual...

C

Cr Neshad

Guys
I think I'm not getting enough fps in my game -.-
**ryzen 1700+Asus dual 1070+8gb 2400+LG 75hz monitor+rog strix x370-f**
I'm getting 130-170 fps but my friend gets 200+ fps (graphics same and resolution same)
His gpu is gtx 960+i5 7th gen
**and his monitor is 144hz**
So does monitor matters for good fps ?
I'm mad right now

A

Anthony Manus

Your monitor is 75hz, you're never going to get more than 75hz.

D

Danny Chieng

Yup. Monitor really important in this part.

C

Carson Eshenroder

Delete everything you dont need, including steam and your games, back up your files and reinstall windows. Run windows defender and /scandisk also run windows defrag and download a tool called hirens boot CD and do anything regarding hard drive repair.

After you do all that re-download everything you use and see your fps then

C

Carson Eshenroder

Also invest in a NVME M.2 drive

C

Carson Eshenroder

And sell me one of your 1070s

B

Blacj Sun

Which game are u comparing? I know dota can easily reach 200+ on intel platform..last time when i had the r5 1600 only managed around 160fps with the same monitor

B

Ben Lanzotti

Probably has something to do with the dual cards. Some games run HORRIBLE under two GPUs.

What's the clock speed on his i5? On your Ryzen?

Really shouldnt matter though. Your GPU blows his out of the water so there has to be something wrong in your configuration.

Hardware to hardware you should be besting him.

Monitor plays ZERO influence in frames you push, only matters with frames YOU SEE.

*the fps counter IS NOT the number of frames you actually see unless it's below your refresh rate or you've got vysnc or gsync set up to where the monitor matches your GPU (and ypu have the FPS cap set to whatever your monitor's native refresh is).

V

Vedran Kuhinek

but ryzen is better AHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Γ

Γιώργος Γιαμακίδης

#intel_core_inside_pc_masterrace get rekt

S

Shuvo Al Ehsan

There's no fucking way a 960 can render more frames than a 1070. There must be something wrong with your PC. Could be the nvidia driver(doesnt matter if its updated or not. updated drivers cause more troubles than good now a days), or windows 10 update (meltdown), or hdd, or other hardware..... Or its just not true that you both have same settings and resolution

R

Robert James Wharton

Could be the game is heavily CPU bound and likes stronger IPC vs more cores. Or maybe the game just prefers Intel.

You could try a clean install of drivers (ie. download DDU, uninstall graphics drivers, reboot into safe mode and run DDU to kill any remnants of old drivers, reboot again, download latest drivers and install).

Also do you have your CPU Overclocked? The R7 1700 has a low base clock. Overclocking to 3.7-3.8 GHz may find you those extra frames you're missing.

Last resort would be to do a clean re-installation of Windows. Bit of a pain, I know. But it might do it.

If all else fails and it's just this one game you're having issues with, it's the game's optimization and you'll have to live with it.

R

Robert James Wharton

And before anyone says that FPS over monitor's refresh rate don't matter. I implore you to watch this video.

S

Shuvo Al Ehsan

Ryzen may be the reason behind this. high refresh rate works better with intel cpu. Ryzen may be limiting the frames due to its lower single core and clock speed.
This is one of the few reasons I don't like Ryzen

D

David Quinn

Looks like your friend lied and is 1080p and your 1440p

J

Jeff Brookes

You want your fps to correlate with your monitors refresh rate, seeking more doesn't help but can cause artifacts in game as your card trying to process what your monitor can not show. Your monitor is at 75hz, then you want to set a cap at 80hz

V

Vansh Bhargava

What’s the frame scaling set to?

C

Cr Neshad

Guys I think my HDD is not working well xD
It hits 100% disk usage most of the time .
So I think solve it first .
I have plan to buy a m.2 Ssd next month

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom