Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch GameStop partnering with Amazon? Is this real life?

C

Carlos Silva

GameStop partnering with Amazon? Is this real life?

J

Jessica Johnson

Unless you get the same price in store that you'd get directly trading with Amazon, this is absolutely useless.

C

Carlos Silva

Why would it be useless though? Before you would trade in $100 in store credit and lets say you don't want to spend it at GameStop. Now I can use it to buy whatever you want on amazon

J

Jessica Johnson

If Amazon (website) offers more, why not just trade it directly into them? Gamestop is kinda notorious for not giving "fair" trade in amounts. So if GameStop offers $50 and Amazon offers $100 (as their own respective entities) I'm not gonna give GameStop my games.

C

Carlos Silva

Currently Amazon is giving $36.58 for Zelda on Switch so yea you are right. I'm sure Gamestop has this trade in for $30 or $35 at most currently. I was figuring If they made this partnership it would make for a fair trade value on both sides

J

Jessica Johnson

During trade in bonus times, it might be worth it, but if Amazon will consistently offer more (which they often do) then this seems pointless.

A

Alex Hoosz

Maybe I'm totally wrong....it happens...but it totally (to me) seems like the Best Buy gamers program is a much better deal in terms of general pricing and trading? Please correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm always wanting/needing to save money

J

Johnny Grinder

Case in point, I was selling my Xbox one Kinect camera. Lamestop was offering $6, Amazon offered $33 for it. And there have been many more examples of amazon offering more (and also ive been able to sell things to buyers for much more than what lamestop would offer). If something is worth more on Amazon just directly trade it in through them. This partnership seems kind of useless.

E

Ethan Shane Hayes

W

William Jackman

I must assume this will drive trade in values down on both sides, in time.

C

Cameron Hale

I feel like the purpose is because some people don't like to ship things out or don't even think about an online-only retailer giving you money for games . Some just prefer the convenience of dropping it off.

D

David Sedai

Nice but I wouldn't sell my games

C

Celeste Lerma

Alex Lerma

S

Steve Stvo Jay

Amazon is probably stealing a lot of their business, this may have been a save. LOL

J

Justin Nicholas LaRoche

Yooooo is this real??? Lemme find out haha. I work there, this would be lit

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom