Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch For some reason I felt like saying this here. So many people talk about Nintendo...

T

Tim Benitez

For some reason I felt like saying this here.

So many people talk about Nintendo Switch being underpowered and not worth it. Not so much here of course. The main thing for me is that so many look at graphical fidelity and judge the game by that. Makes sense, because rat's the first thing they can see. But if people want the greatest graphical fidelity they need to put their money where their mouth is (or hands if their typing) and buy a PC for gaming. The PS4 is the most powerful console for the few months. But that still is weaker than buying the hardware available for a PC.

Now I appreciate games, not so much consoles. I do like the diversity of ways to play the Nintendo Switch. That's why I got one. I also play more games on the go and away from a stationary screen than I used to. But I'd rather enjoy games that are fun rather than pretty looking games. Sure I want the developers to make the prettiest game they are capable, within the limits they are given, but I want games that are fun. I am more on the side of games using the hardware to make interesting mechanics and good times than something that looks nice. Am I playing a game, or watching a movie?

R

Ryoko Misaraki

People are more mobile nowadays so Switch is the Holy Grail of gaming for the people who are gamers and on the go a lot

J

Jason Smyth-Chandler

I'd rather play a game that's hundreds of hours long that has slightly underwhelming graphics, than play a game that has hyper-realistic, retina-burning graphics that's only a few hours long.

K

Kal-El Thomas Merrill

The switch isn’t that underpowered it can run unreal engine 4 with no problem the ps4 and Xbox one have 8 gbs of ram but 3.5 gbs of ram is for the ps4 os and I believe 4gb of ram to run the xbone os with the switch only using .5 gb of ram for its ui so that’s 3.5 gbs of ram just for gaming games look beautiful on the switch it’s a one of a kind console and it can run current gen games idk why so many people hate on Nintendo

B

Bora Chreng

I disagree. People can (and should) be able to have both. I have an older gaming laptop and high end smartphone and can appreciate good graphics as well as good gameplay on any platform. That isn't to say I don't like the Switch however. I can appreciate good games regardless what platform they're on.

B

Basil Miranda

Well said Tim Benitez

R

Ryan Dale

I've been too busy for a lot of gaming the last few years (getting married, buying a house, real life stuff). I'm still just excited that Nintendo has consoles out with HDMI and high def graphics (beyond 480P like the Wii had). I'm like, look at the way the light makes that surface shiny and reflective! That's so cool.

If I wanted cutting edge graphics before I would just play games on my PC that I built that could run 1080P in 2005. For consoles I always go Nintendo, and I'm glad that they're catching up with the graphics. I don't compare them to cutting edge, I compare them to their own previous consoles.

R

Riley WoodFinch

All parts of the game is what makes it good. They all work together as a team (although I think graphics aren't AS important) look at minecraft, look at ocarina of time! The graphics are certainly outdated now but it's still considered a great game. I still enjoy NES games. Nintendo makes games with a rich story and amazing game play, they don't need great graphics when they could put that focus on the story. Look at all the indie games or those RPG maker games.

J

Jackson Konecny

People complaining about graphics and play only console fail to realize that even a mid level PC completely outperforms ANY console. And the PC always will.

K

Katie Lazzelle-Baily

Agree with all this. The PS4 and Xbone are now just dumbed down PC that make you pay to play online (yes I know it's coming to Switch in 2018). Once upon a time you bought a console for convenience. You traded graphical fidelity for being able to pick up and play. Fast forward to now. So many PS4/X1 games make you sit through installs and updates, local multiplayer is all but gone. And aside from a handful of exclusives why would you bother with Sony or MS now? Before you say "I can sit on my couch." I counter that with "laptop."
For me there is nothing coming out right now that I can't either play on my Switch or PC.

J

James Chambers

I agree mostly but theirs a few things

frame rate issues with the switch are starting to piss me off

The 720p display is starting to piss me off a lot

They’re lucky they have Pokémon and Mario I would’ve just brought a laptop

B

Brandon Holden

I am a firm believer that software makes the hardware. There are too many good exclusives on PS4 released or on the way to talk about it as if it's just worthless.

J

Jason Cameron

If THEY'RE typing*

T

Tom Courtney

1 TFlop is more powerful than people realize

K

Keith Pickard

I prefer whatever has the best titles. For me it's PC and PS4. The only worthwhile games on the Switch right now are Zelda and maybe Mario kart if you didn't buy the Wii U version. Hell, Zelda isn't even exclusive.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom