Contact advertising [email protected]

First part of the new build arrived. Idk why, but it came in a fucking massive box

S

Sáfár Tomi

First part of the new build arrived. Idk why, but it came in a fucking massive box

K

Kosma Egan

I've been using the VS550 for just over a month without any problems. The rig it is powering has an i5-7500, RX580, 8GB DDR4 RAM and 1tb hard drive. I heard on forums that the capacitors inside it aren't the best but the PSU won't fail catastrophically. As long as your rig isn't too power hungry you should be fine. I think I'll upgrade in a few months when I have the disposable income.

I

Ilias Koletsis

bad psu .refund as fast as you can

M

Muhammad Aneeq

OMG! I bought the vs650 3 months ago for a build, i havent had any issues except that it used to make some loud noise and vibrations sometimes

K

Khalid AL-zain

i had a vs550 powering my system for 2+ years...
first build was i5 4670k and gtx 970...for 2 years
second build was i7 4770k and 1060 for about 7 months...then sold it
all that powered by a VS5500
stop spreading rumors.....
if any of yall had a VS series or CX series and didn't blow..be thankful
if you had one and it blew up then whine...
if u never had one STFU

K

Kosma Egan

Even though I am using it right now, I know that it isn't great. When I get a bit more money, I'll probably get something a bit better. Providing you have allowed for some headroom in your power draw it should be ok but don't expect it to last long. Build your rig, save up and get something better

C

Clifton D Endicott

I had a cx and it definitely didn't perform as well as the Wattage stated it should

K

Kosma Egan

If you want a technical explanation of my reasoning:

It seems like the biggest problem with the corsair VS power supplies is the quality of the capacitors inside them. As power supplies age their maximum power output decreases because capacitors lose their capacitance when the electrolyte inside them dries up. This process happens at varying rates depending on the quality of the capacitor. The result of the reduced capacitance is a higher impedance(version of resistance in AC circuits) and reduced ripple suppression. The ripple suppression is needed because the power from the wall is high voltage(110-240v) and constantly changing direction(AC) whereas the power your computer components need is going in one direction(DC) and at low voltage usually either 12v, 5v, 3.3v and 1.5v. A good power supply will give this power in one direction however there may still be a little bit of direction change which is called ripple. A very small amount of ripple can easily be tolerated by component however when ripple increases it can cause system instability because the components aren't getting the one direction power that they need. Capacitor aging can be one reason for an increase ripple however it is normal to expect a slight increase in ripple as the power supply is put under load when your cpu and gpu are at 100%.

K

Kosma Egan

How about a meme to lighten the mood

I

Ian Sullivan

Booooòooooooooooooooom

P

Prakhar Tripathi

F

B

Ben Anderson

wait im running a corsair gs700 in my computer.
Do I need to worry or is it just the VS550?

J

Jeremy Camilleri

what are you gonna run with a 550w psu ?

D

Donovan Greenwood

They ship those boxes for your cat. I hope you kept it :p

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom