Contact advertising [email protected]

Feature: The Banner Saga Devs Discuss Trilogy Challenges And Releasing Physical Games On Switch

News

Staff member
"We ended up throwing 7 months of work away".

In celebration of the physical Switch release of
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
, which includes all three entries of the series in one edition, we recently spoke to Stoic Studio's Co-Owner and Creative Director Arnie Jorgensen, and Head of Production and Game Operations Andy Johnson, about the design choices during the development of the series. We also found the time to discuss what it's like to publish a retail game on the Nintendo Switch, so make sure to read on to find out more.

Nintendo Life: Could you tell us how Stoic Studio was formed and how exactly The Banner Saga games played a part?

Arnie Jorgensen:
Alex Thomas, John Watson and I were all working at Bioware here in Austin when a little-known device called the 'iPad' came out. There was this totally amazing game called SuperBrothers: Sword & Sworcery that I picked up and absolutely loved and moreover, it was done by a small team. Well, I’d been working in large team development for 13 years now and was itching for a change. I’d always loved Alex’s writing so I approached him to see if we could do a children's book for the iPad, he was up for it and thus was Dinoboy born! The book actually got to #11 on the bestseller list, but it didn’t make remotely enough money for us to do it full time.

Read the

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom