Contact advertising [email protected]

A friend's laptop died and he wants to recover the pictures and important files from...

J

Jd Rosas

A friend's laptop died and he wants to recover the pictures and important files from it's hard drive. Would plugging it in to my desktop work? Assuming the sata cable is compatible? I'm not sure off the top of my head because I haven't seen the hard drive yet, and it would probably have everything on it that a normal laptop would have, such as OS and other files that windows dumps on to the space. I'm going to try my best to get the laptop working at least long enough to transfer the files to an external storage drive, I just didn't know if I'd be able to actually plug it in to my PC and pull files from it there without it interfering with my own OS and stuff. I can only assume that plugging in an actual hard drive isn't much like plugging in an external storage drive, but it is worth a shot to ask someone who may know.
Thanks in advance.

D

Dean Larson

Should be fine.

M

Max Million

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

M

Max Million

might wanna use this to get info off hard drive

J

James T. Parlby

Dean 's Right what Operating system was on the laptop? as long as it was not Mac(apple ) should be able to read the drive. I would scan the drive for viruses before transferring files.

R

Roman M Luna

You should be fine traferring the files using it as an external drive. I’ve done that it works. Now if the hard drive works you could install it on another computer and take them off that way. Depends.

D

Daemon Hall

I built a PC with the hdd from my dead laptop. Should work to transfer files from. I'd run a scan on the drive before moving anything incase it has a virus.

D

Dennis Barbier

will work fine

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom